New Tesco digital payment app

Options

Comments

• Bougainvillea
    Options
    Could someone who has used this offer with PayQwiq tell me how long it took for their 100 points to be credited? Is a long delay normal.
  • qetu1357
    qetu1357 Posts: 1,013 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I'm still waiting for the bonus points..........
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just chekced my Clubcard online account, I got 400 PayQwiq bonus points on the 1st September and 100 on the 12th August.
  • allanmc
    Options
    We were hoping that PayQwik would allow us to ditch our old-fashioned Tesco Clubcard Plus cards, that don't do chip & pin yet and still have to be signed for. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case. You get so far through the registration and then it fails right at the end - the card is detected as a Maestro debit card, which seems reasonable.

I've been in touch with PayQwik support. They initially said that Clubcard Plus cards would work, but then changed their tune. Last I heard my query was being passed to technical support and it has now gone completely quiet.

I would have though that this would be a fairly straighforward thing to sort out, and would benefit Tesco as well as their CC+ customers. I'm not giving up hope.................quite yet.
    No reliance should be placed on the above.
  • ha-melmahey
    Options
    It doesn't support Android Cyanogen mobiles... a point they could have made clear before I entered all my details!
  • flubberyzing
    flubberyzing Posts: 1,386 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Waitrose have had an app like this for a while... I used the Waitrose one once... It was slow, glitchy, and just a waste of time.

I currently use the handheld scanners at Tesco. LOVE them. Always work well and so much faster to get round the store.
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
  • missymouse
    Options
    I signed up and found it easy to use. Haven't used it 5 times though.
  • spook
    spook Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options
    Is this offer still working? I signed up after seeing it in this week's email, and used the app to pay today, but haven't received any bonus points and there's no mention of the offer on the payqwik site (that I can see).
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    spook wrote: »
    Is this offer still working? I signed up after seeing it in this week's email, and used the app to pay today, but haven't received any bonus points and there's no mention of the offer on the payqwik site (that I can see).

From MSE:

As a bonus, if you sign up now, until 15 January 2017 you can get an extra 100 Clubcard points each of the first five times you use the app (minimum £1 spend). The bonus points will be added to your account within two weeks of making a transaction.

I work for Tesco and whenever I use Clubcard I find it takes two-three days (depending on when I've made a purchase) for any points to filter through.

How do you find the app out of interest?
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • spook
    spook Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options
    20aday wrote: »
    From MSE:

As a bonus, if you sign up now, until 15 January 2017 you can get an extra 100 Clubcard points each of the first five times you use the app (minimum £1 spend). The bonus points will be added to your account within two weeks of making a transaction.

I work for Tesco and whenever I use Clubcard I find it takes two-three days (depending on when I've made a purchase) for any points to filter through.

Whoops, not sure how I missed that line. I'll look out for the points appearing later. Just thought it was odd that I couldn't find any mention of the offer on the site!
    20aday wrote: »
    How do you find the app out of interest?

Setup was pretty easy, I registered on the website and then got the app. I only used it to pay the one time so far and it worked ok. I used a self checkout, the barcode took a bot of effort to scan but once that happened it only took a couple of seconds for the payment to register. But still, it was more hassle than contactless so I doubt I'll keep using it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure