PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

October 2016 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• wintersunshine22
    Options
    Morning All

Just popping in to update my budget, managed to only spend £16.03 between Tuesday and Friday. Today is the challenge as I need to buy some fresh vegetables - going to try the market and also only to buy the amount I will use.

Monies so low as DM has given a couple of bags of food to use up for her so these have been added to my storecupboard.

Have packed a flask of coffee in car as usually need a drink after shopping and a call in a cafe at the moment is no,no.

Have a good day
    ;)
    Out of debt, out of danger - Joan Jonker
  • Caeraugirl
    Options
    Popped into Sainsbob's yesterday to top up on fruit, veg, milk, bread, a couple of staples / lunchbox items and some treats for the boys for weekend, as thought I could get a 9p off per litre petrol voucher if spent £60 - managed to come in at £52.25....grrr!! So not only spent over odds for food, also ended up paying full price for petrol!! Only upside is that they're the cheapest pumps locally. Never mind, lesson learned! Signatures updated. No more NSD's, as have had a lovely bike ride / open air breakfast this morning but that was worth losing an NSD for - we take it in turns to pay and today was my turn - and fortunately it comes out of my "eating out" budget.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!
    #19 Save £12k in 2024 £6808.21/£12000

June NSD Challenge 5/15
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    VickyV wrote: »
    Well, Mr V is in trouble. Unbeknownst to me, he's been raiding the food purse for bus fares and bits and bobs. Since I didn't keep receipts - you know, since I have a special purse for keeping track - I've had to estimate so up to yesterday, I reckon I'd spent £120.

Suffolk lad is also in trouble. He used my large bread tin (heavy gauge, non-stick professional, cost twice as much as a domestic gauge tin) and did not bother to grease it before putting his rather under-proved sourdough loaf in it and welded it to the inside of my tin. I made my first loaf since then using my ultra-reliable recipe and I had to throw it away as it was stuck fast, despite oiling the tin thoroughly. Devastated. It was a 4 lb tin too. Just small loaves from now on then.
    SL
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Sayschezza
    Options
    Had to edit my sig totals today as I forgot to add the £5 declared the other day that I had spent in £land. Not much left now just £22.38 to last the rest of the month.
    All that clutter used to be money
  • Lauralozzle
    Options
    Pets at Home spend - £7.98

Total: £115.50/£250
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Nicki_Sue
    Nicki_Sue Posts: 1,261 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Picked up the shopping I needed,
    £7.78in Co-op
    £11.30 Lidl

Got a free pack of chocolate bars from a scratchcard a very kind lady gave me as I walked in as she wouldn't use it, and got a new scratchcard for us which gives us 24packets of crisps for free.

I now have £33.40 until Friday but have lots of frozen veg, sandwich stuff, milk, juice, pack up bits, fruit, tins and at least 4 lots of meat in so we're all good. Tomorrow *should* be a NSD and probably Tuesday too. Might need milk on Weds.
    MSE-ing since 2007
  • FrugalinShropshire
    Options
    I know we are in the middle of the month, but may I join in please?
    I am aiming for £100 for the rest of the month
    Now Mrs FrugalinShropshire:T Proud to be mortgage and debt free:j
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Spent £5 (£4.97), £2 on some coffee syrups in Poundland,, in the hope of jazzing up this cheap coffee I bought and a couple of Flora Freedom spreads, which were on offer. Have updated sig.
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    £1.45 on eggs and flour. The kids had eggs for breakfast so I didn't have enough for toad in the hole. Also, my flour had a really funny, unpleasant smell so I assumed it was rancid. It wasn't old and the container was airtight. It's never happened before so I think I've just been unlucky. I had to chuck it and buy some more.:mad:

PP x
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • just_trying
    just_trying Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening all, spent £85 today in aldi for the week. Yes over this week and not updated again recently but been sticking to budget, except today. Plus last month under, just as well. I only shop once because I don't drive, my oh takes me
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport