Selling your soul to the devil

Options

Comments

• Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    Options
    dontone wrote: »
    There was a live FB comp t'other day for flights to America.
    All you have to say was something like '#flightsusa' or something. Anyway, some of them didn't bother with that, instead it was -
    'be nice to win so I can go away after my chemo'
    'been very ill, would love to win'
    'Would love to win, eight months preggers, so be nice after I've had my baby'
    Stuff like that. Why don't they do what is asked of them? Copy & paste, fgs!! it's easy!!!.*
    Be Lucky.

*btw, I'm surprised after going through all that, there was still gin left. I thought I'd drank it all!! :D
    Oh, wow! some stuff is so cringy. Something else I really hate is they will post their sob story, illness/pregnancy/dead relative/children and then they will comment on their post with the answer to the comp, like it was an after thought! they get so carried away on their audition for who's got the worst life that they don't read the instructions.
    2018 wins-12wins
  • GeeBee38
    GeeBee38 Posts: 3,230 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The comments on the winadinner site are pathetic, really annoying!

I have just added an extension on my google chrome, called "shut up" it's great, i can't see comments anywhere anymore :)
  • geminilady
    geminilady Posts: 1,922 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The prize a little bar of chocolate
    For my Beautiful sister.who is a full time carer in palliative care.has a husband who is on home dialysis and also checks on my single brother who has cerebal attaxia daily.all as well as running a home and being the kindest most loving person I know
    To her own children and grandchildren
    As well as txt me daily as I lve 300 miles:eek:
  • lemonade11
    lemonade11 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    In most cases due to ASA rules, surely winners will be chosen at random, unless otherwise stated. I actually find the sob stories really annoying - especially ones around Mothers Day etc as I have lost my Mum but don't feel the need to try and 'play' on it in an attempt to win something.
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Options
    Here's one for all you to groan at (in a nice way of course ;) )
    There is a famous chocolate shop on Twitter. Not going to name it but it's been on telly, and does lots and lots of lovely chocolate n cakes.
    They are running a comp to visit their cafe and get everything paid for.
    Go and find it, and report back here - I expect to read about plenty of eye rolling, only 'cos I've read some of it (and someone has commented in a sort of sweet way about some of the comments too) and I want your eyes to hurt like mine as well.
    Being a cynic does nothing for my good luck btw :rotfl:
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • mummy2threeboys
    mummy2threeboys Posts: 1,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks didn't see that comp..looks perfect have entered. No stories from me!
    Compers challenge 27/70
    £1805/2018
  • dontone
    Options
    Thanks didn't see that comp..looks perfect have entered. No stories from me!

Good luck. Hope you get lucky. Fingers crossed for you :)
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

• Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    Options
    dontone wrote: »
    Here's one for all you to groan at (in a nice way of course ;) )
    There is a famous chocolate shop on Twitter. Not going to name it but it's been on telly, and does lots and lots of lovely chocolate n cakes.
    They are running a comp to visit their cafe and get everything paid for.
    Go and find it, and report back here - I expect to read about plenty of eye rolling, only 'cos I've read some of it (and someone has commented in a sort of sweet way about some of the comments too) and I want your eyes to hurt like mine as well.
    Being a cynic does nothing for my good luck btw :rotfl:
    Be Lucky

'Why you?' What a dangerous question for them to ask! What a shame I'm not in London.
    2018 wins-12wins
  • dontone
    Options
    Blueyez wrote: »
    'Why you?' What a dangerous question for them to ask! What a shame I'm not in London.

That's what I thought. They do do other comps where they require a daft answer to a daft question, but you can't complete with the 'why me' ones.
    They've picked a winner anyway.
    Be Lucky

• chrissie57
    chrissie57 Posts: 4,857 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Competition to win a basket of pens

ONLY requirements
    • Like the post
    • Enter three smiley faces in the comments

It says specifically that anyone putting more in the comments than those three faces will not be eligible to win.

Guess what happens next...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    "If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you. "
    A.A. Milne

We are such stuff
    As dreams are made on; and our little life
    Is rounded with a sleep.

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced (James Baldwin)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure