Kent Reliance Bond Maturity

Options
The bond matures on 11 Aug (Thur), told them to close it & transfer funds to nominated bank a/c.

Bit surprised today to get an email from Kent telling me that "following maturity the funds may take 5 working days to reach the account", this means that it's possible it won't be in my bank until 18th Aug.

Surely this delay isn't 'normal', I've had many accounts mature & I'm sure the transfers usually take place the working day following maturity?
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.

Comments

• carly
    carly Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They are very slow at KRBS. I had a bond mature recently and it did take around that length of time for me to receive the money
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The bond matures on 11 Aug (Thur), told them to close it & transfer funds to nominated bank a/c.

Bit surprised today to get an email from Kent telling me that "following maturity the funds may take 5 working days to reach the account", this means that it's possible it won't be in my bank until 18th Aug.

Surely this delay isn't 'normal', I've had many accounts mature & I'm sure the transfers usually take place the working day following maturity?

So they're still no quicker:(

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4221671
  • SevenOfNine
    SevenOfNine Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    What a pain.

I opened a Charter bond on 1 Aug to drop this money into, doesn't look like I'll get it within the 14 days I have to deposit it.

Oh well, may have to raid the amount from a couple of other A/Cs to feed it temporarily - then pay those back when KRBS get round to coughing up.

With everything having to pass through my nominated bank A/C I hope I don't start looking like a blinking money launderer. They already put a 'marker' on our A/C once before (but only on me, not joint holder hubby). I don't want all that kerfuffle again!

Thank you both.
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure