🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Help to buy ISA

Options
Morning all. Just have a question really as I'm totally new to the hole process as it's my first home.

Me and my partner both took out a help to buy isa.

We have now completed and have moved into our home and things are good. But! We was expecting £1000 back from the ISA and are unsure of when we should be expecting it. Same goes for the £300 cash back we was expecting from taking our mortgange out.

Can someone shine some light on this for me please.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The HTB ISAs should have been cashed in before completion so that the proceeds (including government bonus) would be applied to the purchase price by your solicitor/conveyancer. Didn't you close them?

What are the terms and conditions of your mortgage offer, i.e. when is the £300 cashback due?
  • SamH28
    Options
    We closed it and our solicitor applied for it. We was under the impression it was paid to us? As for the mortgage cash back I'll have to look into it.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    SamH28 wrote: »
    We closed it and our solicitor applied for it. We was under the impression it was paid to us?
    No, the HTB ISA proceeds contribute to the purchase price of the property so will already have been paid to the seller. You should be aware of how your purchase was funded, i.e. total price paid has to be made up of mortgage plus HTB ISA money plus any other savings, etc?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport