idea for romantic day out in london

Options
I live on the outskirts of london and I'm having trouble thinking of a romantic place / activity (oi, none of that!) in London (or maybe Hertfordshire) to visit during the day. I've already got dinner sorted out (Oslo Court) but I'd like something nice to do during the day. Tourist hotspots are out and I don't think she'd enjoy Kew Gardens..

So, any ideas?

Comments

• brazilianwax
    Options
    Kew Gardens is fabulous - especially for a picnic. Does depend on the weather though.

You could get a boat thing at Henley, or hire a barge and float slowly down the Thames.

Or watch the street performers in Covent Garden while having a drink on the balcony of the Punch and Judy bar.
    :A MSE's turbo-charged CurlyWurlyGirly:A
    ;)Thinks Naughty Things Too Much Clique Member No 3, 4 & 5 ;)
  • Sorry, I completely forgot to mention this is for my fiancee's birthday next month! oops

It'll be on a Friday and I've booked Oslo Court on Saturday night

I like the Henley idea
  • RHemmings
    RHemmings Posts: 3,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I like boat trips. Though, you won't have privacy. For a romantic trip I'd recommend a smaller boat trip on a smaller, more secluded, less built up area, than the Thames. But most of the trips in London are on the Thames. There are some canal boat trips that leave from little venice and go to camden though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure