Several Next Bras - 30 back size and all different

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
8 replies 1.3K views
dollywopsdollywops Forumite
1.7K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
I noticed that Next were doing DD+ bras, so I decided to order a few for choice and fit. Now, I accept that cup sizes vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, and that equally some fit better than others from the same manufacturer. What I cannot accept that a 30" is not a 30". Of the bras I ordered, one was so small I could not physically do it up. The one I liked the fit of the best, I had to do up on the tightest.

What a waste of time. Back to proper shops, like Bravissimo and John Lewis.

Replies

• Sharon87Sharon87 Forumite
    4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tip when you buy bras you have to always have it on the tightest, to allow room for when it expands in the wash.

I would always say try before you buy, especially with bras!
  • peachypricepeachyprice Forumite
    22.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's no different is M&S. I usually take a range of sizes between 36D and 38E in several styles into the changing room, somewhere in that lot I will find a bra that fits.

It's also no different in JL or Bravissimo once you take the different brands in to account.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • donnac2558donnac2558 Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharon87 wrote: »
    Tip when you buy bras you have to always have it on the tightest, to allow room for when it expands in the wash.

I would always say try before you buy, especially with bras!

No, you start on the loose fastening as it stretches you tighten until you end up with the tightness fit. If you do it the other way round your bra will stretch and you cannot go anywhere as you are already on the highnest fitting.
  • dollywopsdollywops Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    What I was moaning about, was the fact that these were all Next own bras, all 30G and all different measurements.

I know you start on the loosest and tighten up if necessary. My issue was one I could not even do up and more than one had to do on the tightest.
  • dollywops wrote: »
    What I was moaning about, was the fact that these were all Next own bras, all 30G and all different measurements.

I know you start on the loosest and tighten up if necessary. My issue was one I could not even do up and more than one had to do on the tightest.

Different materials will have varying amounts of stretch in them, plus of course they will come from various manufacturers, even if sold under the same brand.

I can't think of any brand that offers an identical fit across their whole range - Bravissimo certainly don't, and nor do Fantasie, Freya, Panache etc. I'd go with the above advice and order a selection of sizes.
  • Rosemary7391Rosemary7391 Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    If all styles of bra fitted exactly the same, the majority of women wouldn't find one to fit them properly! What suits you might not suit another woman even with the same back/cup size.
  • peachypricepeachyprice Forumite
    22.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dollywops wrote: »

Yes, the same as M&S.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • oldhandoldhand Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ladies what you all need is a man willing to help with your bra fastening and give his opinion of its fit and if required to adjust it on you...;)
    Just so happens im available at 150 pounds per week...Its all I can afford to pay....:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals