5 year old parking ticket rears its head again!

edited 22 August 2016 at 10:16PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
21 replies 6.9K views
emma.cook3emma.cook3 Forumite
176 Posts
edited 22 August 2016 at 10:16PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
jishxbjdhbxjdhbzhjdhxbjdhbxhjdhbxjdhhxjdhbihdbxihdx

Replies

• QuentinQuentin Forumite
    40.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The old advice still applies for you!
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    34.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read dozens upon dozens of threads here and on PePiPoo about exactly the same issue (other than dates). Follow those, no need for any separate (duplicate) advice.

Come back if your case significantly differs from those as time passes.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • pogofishpogofish Forumite
    10.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing has changed in this case - POFA came into force in late 2012 - So if the ticket was before then, just keep-on ignoring! :)
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I take it that they do not know who was driving. If so you should copy it to the SRA with a robust complaint.

https://www.sra.org.uk/home/home.page

The more complaints they get about BWL the more likely they are to sanction them.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • fil_cadfil_cad Forumite
    834 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Give the silly bunts some nice crisp monopoly money. :rotfl:
    PPCs say its carpark management, BPA say its raising standards..... we all know its just about raking in the revenue. :eek:
  • catfuntcatfunt Forumite
    624 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    emma.cook3 wrote: »
    i got a parking ticket in a free for 2 hours car park in 2011. i ignored it and got a few letters from legal companies then heard nothing further. This week I got a letter from BW legal. its very badly worded and says the charge has been passed on to them and I have to pay £154.00. What do I do? The old advice was to ignore but now the advice is different. But its 5 years old!

When was the alleged parking event?? (month and year will do). It will become statute-barred after six years, i.e. they wont be able to pursue you at all after then.
  • QuentinQuentin Forumite
    40.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfunt wrote: »
    When was the alleged parking event?? (month and year will do). It will become statute-barred after six years, i.e. they wont be able to pursue you at all after then.
    They will be able to carry on trying to get paid, - but cannot take legal action after 6 years
  • I have received letter from Vehicle Control Services Ltd saying they have passed "your account ... to our legal team". The legal team is BW Legal.
    The pcn was issued in September 2012 at Liverpool Airport.
    I am the redgistered keeper but was not driving at the time so I am happy to keep on ignoring.
    What's the percentage chance of LBA or court summons? Does anyone know?
  • edited 1 August 2016 at 3:20PM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    36.8K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 August 2016 at 3:20PM
    you will receive an LBA (LBC) , probably from BW LEGAL, unless this recent letter you received IS the LBC

there is ZERO CHANCE of a court summons, because this is a civil matter

however, there is a chance they may try an MCOL (google it)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • bod1467bod1467
    15.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And to add to the above excellent advice, this isn't your thread - please start your own new thread if you still need advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides