Hotel booked us in the wrong weekend

Options
Hi
We booked a hotel in Brighton for next weekend for 4 days (Thurs to Monday) last year in October over the phone and paid 50% non returnable deposit (as it is the Pride weekend). All excited for the holiday and had a call this morning asking if we didnt want the room as we didnt show? Long story short they booked us in for this weekend for 4 nights, and not next weekend. We did originally book it for this weekend as we thought Pride was across the weekend 30th and 31st july. We found out an hour after booking it was the weekend after, so called back, spoke to the same lady (young Polish lady) and she amended the booking for us. The same lady called us today to ask where we were?

She said she will try and change it (like we asked her to last year) but needs to ask her manager, where do we stand please if there is a problem? We paid £300 deposit and she said its non-refundable or transferable, so we are a little annoyed at present

Any help or advice greatly appreciated

Comments

• susancs
    susancs Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    Options
    Have you got a confirmation email stating the orginal booking was ammended to next weekend? If you have then you can use this as proof that the dates were changed and it is an error on the part of the hotel.
  • martinnathalie9
    Options
    This is 100% the Hotels fault. I am a Brighton resident and pride weekend is the biggest event in the calendar, if they cannot organise bookings for that weekend what hope do they have.

You need to stick this out till the end and make sure you get back what you paid or are provided with the booking you originally requested.
  • longwalks1
    longwalks1 Posts: 3,737 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    susancs wrote: »
    Have you got a confirmation email stating the orginal booking was ammended to next weekend? If you have then you can use this as proof that the dates were changed and it is an error on the part of the hotel.

Have searched my email but I only have the booking confirmation for Pride weekend 2015, last year when we had 3 days down there. Me and my partner distinctly remember both calls to them and being told it was corrected, but guessing we never got the email so it could unfortunately be our word against theirs? :(
  • longwalks1
    longwalks1 Posts: 3,737 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This is 100% the Hotels fault. I am a Brighton resident and pride weekend is the biggest event in the calendar, if they cannot organise bookings for that weekend what hope do they have.

You need to stick this out till the end and make sure you get back what you paid or are provided with the booking you originally requested.

We've been going Pride for the 8 years weve been together, I love it down Brighton especially over Pride weekend, even as a straight guy (gf introduced me to brighton and Pride, never looked back!!) Its a well known hotel right on the front too, just along from The Amsterdam, we stayed there last year and loved it (even asked for same room this year)

Just heard the Gf ha spoken to the girl at the hotel and she's suddenly 'found' our original booking, so asked for confirmation email ASAP so we have proof.. Hopefully be down next weekend, so enjoy Pride!
  • susancs
    susancs Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    Options
    britishboy wrote: »
    Just heard the Gf ha spoken to the girl at the hotel and she's suddenly 'found' our original booking, so asked for confirmation email ASAP so we have proof.. Hopefully be down next weekend, so enjoy Pride!

Thats good news. Like you, I was worried that without the email as proof, you would loose your deposit and orginal booking. Hope that you enjoy your weekend and that you ahve good weather.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure