Trusteer with Android

Options
hansi
hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
I just want to ask a simple question which IBM cannot seem to answer. I would like to add ( before I get flamed) that I have been using Trusteer very successfully in conjunction with online banking. However as I have been using XP and IBM no longer support it, rather than go to the expense of buying a new laptop, I have downloaded my bank's mobile app to my Android Samsung tablet.
Now, as Trusteer is primarily designed to work with online banking websites ( as against apps) do I need Trusteer protection, and how do I go about it if I don't actually access my bank through its website. Sorry to sound complicated,but IBM didn't seem to know what I was getting at. Hope you do!

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You don't need it with any operating system, I doubt if you'll find many people on here with much good to say about it, and the general consensus is likely to be that you're better off without it, on Android and everything else.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Trusteer Rapport mobile app is on Google Play Store .
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, I am aware of that.I have got it on my tablet. But my question still remains unanswered:mad:
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,641 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hansi wrote: »
    Yes, I am aware of that.I have got it on my tablet. But my question still remains unanswered:mad:
    You do not need it. Use whatever security your bank offers for their online banking.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• John_Gray
    John_Gray Posts: 5,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    victor2 wrote: »
    You do not need it. Use whatever security your bank offers for their online banking.
    Or simply use your own common sense and keep secure...
  • firefox1956
    firefox1956 Posts: 1,548 Forumite
    Options
    Trusteer...........what a load of rubbish.
    And no you don't need it.
  • GabbaGabbaHey
    GabbaGabbaHey Posts: 1,079 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    IBM's EULA basically gives both IBM and your bank full access to your computer and all your files. One quick example: "In addition, You authorize personnel of IBM, as Your Sponsoring Enterprise's data processor, to use the Program remotely to collect any files or other information from your computer that IBM security experts suspect may be related to malware or other malicious activity, or that may be associated with general Program malfunction."

The full EULA is available at http://www.trusteer.com/support/end-...ense-agreement

I would strongly suggest that, if you are keeping it on your PC, you make sure that you have read the EULA.
    Philip
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,458 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    do I need Trusteer protection,

NO!
    But my question still remains unanswered:mad:

Is that a good enough answer? :)
  • RumRat
    RumRat Posts: 4,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You definitely don't need it and would be better off without it....However, if after that being answered you still have some obscure reason for wanting it, just download the Trusteer Mobile Browser from the Play store. You will have to log into your banking via the browser though.....
    You cannot use it via your banking app and you don't need it for that anyway...
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills