I want to stop drowning

Options

Comments

• clearmydebts
    clearmydebts Posts: 6,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Great news about the balance transfer. Also about the washing! I've a pile that needs to be done and a pile that needs to be put away!
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have worked out that the balance transfer will reduce our minimums by £50 a month. It will also reduce stress and interest!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    debtaghh wrote: »
    I have worked out that the balance transfer will reduce our minimums by £50 a month. It will also reduce stress and interest!

That's excellent and will defintely make a difference :) x
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Great news on the balance transfer, and the weight!
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning,

I had a nsd yesterday and did attempt to hang the washing outside but it then started to rain so I put it in the airing cupboard.

Today will be a spend day but it will come out of the holiday pot.

I completed another survey yesterday and divided up the spare money in my account between debt and savings. I'm still waiting on the transfer to go through, hopefully later today it will come in so I can then allocate it to the different cards.

By Friday eve I need to:

Change my bed sheets and dd1
    Hoover
    Mop
    Bathroom surfaces
    Bank transfers
    Washing
    Food for friend's house
    Clean glass doors

Have a lovely day.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning,

My balance transfer went through , I've made the payments so they should hopefully show tomorrow.

I spent more than I wanted too yesterday but bought a bargain piece of needed clothing and the kids had fun. It means for the last two weeks of the holiday I have £30 per week which is more than enough.

I have a lot of my jobs from yesterday still to do and my friend still here.

Have a great day.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning,

I had an unexpected spend day yesterday. I spent about £60. One item was a bargain for my dd Xmas present so pleased with that. The rest was just unexpected e.g light bulbs, hose piece, car wash. I couldn't believe the price of light bulbs :eek: this got me really thinking. Every month I try and make my figures balance by cutting down on the things that I can physically change on my spreadsheets like food. But this isn't realistic as when I include my food budget , it needs to account for washing powder , light bulbs etc. I think I should realistic allocate £100 per week as we are a family of 5 but we can't. It just got me really thinking.

I don't feel we have actually cleared debt this year, we pay the minimums every month and they are currently on good deals but we then do transfers.

I really want to see this debt going down! The coat I bought the other day I'm going to sell as I got it for such a bargain price I think I can make about £40 profit. I was thinking I don't need it , it's more I wanted a long coat with a hood. I need to keep having that mind set! I'm setting myself a challenge..... a very hard one! I would like to get rid of one of my barclaycard cc by the end of the year by actually clearing it! The balance is 5k but the minimum is 2.25% of the balance which is about £125 per month. That would be a great saving to get rid of! It's going to be very hard and maybe even impossible but it's worth trying! Any extra money is going on this!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Lightbulbs are horrendous now, same with stamps too.

Although the debt may not be going down as much as you want it to at the moment, you're definitely budgetting better and I'm sure that helps too.

Good luck with the goal, I'm sure you can do it x
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Lightbulbs are horrendous now, same with stamps too.

Although the debt may not be going down as much as you want it to at the moment, you're definitely budgetting better and I'm sure that helps too.

Good luck with the goal, I'm sure you can do it x

Thanks, I'm definitely more aware of my spending and will try my hardest to pay off this credit card.
  • Lucylocks
    Lucylocks Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    What works for me is grocery budget - for food and occasional bottle of bleach/toothpaste - then separate budget line for cleaning stuff - dishwasher tabs, laundry, bin bags etc. That way I don't get too disheartened by an epic food shop which actually is more household bits than food. I find this gives truer reflection on what we actually spend on food.

I also do a once month trip to bargain store - home bargains is favourite- where I pick up most cleaning stuff. They are cheapest I've found. To get a months worth in one trip reduces those irritating top up shops when you get tempted to chuck in other 'bargains' whivh you may not need
    LBM 28/3/17 £24,971 :eek: 28/6/17 £14,376 42% paid
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure