I want to stop drowning

Options

Comments

• debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good point about saving. I might save most of it and pay a little extra off.
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done on losing the weight. I'm back eating well this week. I lost 21lbs in the run up to Christmas and then put 5 back on between Christmas and now. I decided I needed a kick up the bum though so back on it!!!

I'm another vote for save the council tax money. If you're struggling to save for things you need during the year, such as birthday/Christmas then that money will go nicely towards it.
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Hi,

I don't want to get into it but basically I've pretty much been given £4500 which has gone straight on the credit card and off the very ;)

I'll update my signature.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Brilliant. Under £50k now :)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    debtaghh wrote: »
    Hi,

I don't want to get into it but basically I've pretty much been given £4500 which has gone straight on the credit card and off the very ;)

I'll update my signature.

Way to go debtaghh
    :T:T
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well done, under £50K :D :j
  • cha97michelle
    Options
    Fab - just the breathing room you need. Could help you turn it all right round if you let it.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    I am seeing it as a real good chance to sort things out as my minimums will be reduced by £100 per month once very has been paid.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    That would be tremendous if the minimums were reduced enough to reduce or eliminate your shortfall. Might give you a chance to really getting to grips with saving for things you need without resorting to borrowing and see the debt come down to a much more manageable level.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    That would be tremendous if the minimums were reduced enough to reduce or eliminate your shortfall. Might give you a chance to really getting to grips with saving for things you need without resorting to borrowing and see the debt come down to a much more manageable level.

That's what I am hoping for
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure