edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
9 replies 1K views
SmodletSmodlet Forumite
7K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
Hi all,

In the interests of fairness, I have to report that I have, last night and today, received the best customer service from npower you could ask for. Npower messed up my routinely scheduled bill (for a change, yes) but when called upon to resolve the matter, the lovely Catherine (spelling?) delivered the most first class customer service possible. She not only anticipated my needs, she offered me very satisfactory solutions before I asked for them. She called me back when she said she would, twice and I actually believe she will deliver on her promises. If there is one thing I am good at, it is getting npower to own and fix problems of their making but, on this occasion, I had to make very little effort whatsoever. I think praise should be given where it is due. Well done, Catherine at npower! Thank you.

Replies

• I do like to see the praise posts here as more often than none people love to complain and forget to praise when it goes right.
  • peter_the_piperpeter_the_piper Forumite
    30.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done, you are one of the few, I've recently had a gas bill from last September.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • SmodletSmodlet Forumite
    7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, peter-the-piper, I hope you get someone as nice as I did to deal with any issues.
  • kwikbreakskwikbreaks Forumite
    9.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    When they decided they couldn't do a boiler inspection they left a message on my answerphone the day before. Trouble with that was I was away from home and travelled best part of 100 miles back mostly because of that booked inspection.

I rebooked and once again travelled home (I spend most of my summer at my holiday caravan). This time I got a call at 4:30pmon the day saying the bloke wouldn't be able to come as he'd been delayed elsewhere.

When I phoned them it was to cancel the maintenace contract. The woman I spoke to couldn't understand why. When I said two no-shows was at least one too many she told me they were not no shows as they'd phoned to tell me. Yes right, Glad you got good service. I didn't and won't use them ever again for anything.
  • peter_the_piperpeter_the_piper Forumite
    30.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smodlet wrote: »
    Well, peter-the-piper, I hope you get someone as nice as I did to deal with any issues.
    Yep, from OVO.:rotfl:
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
    7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I could slag npower off for the planet, if I so chose. This was intended as a well-deserved praise post, not as a target for brickbats.

Ah, social media. I have come to realise this is no better than Pinmytwinterpestdiggit.
  • kwikbreakskwikbreaks Forumite
    9.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe in balance. With Npower one praise post should permit several hundred complaint posts to present a realistic balanced view. IMO only naturally.
    7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure. And I'm sure there are threads for that, but have at it; I am not here to defend npower.
  • pollypennypollypenny Forumite
    29.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never had a problem with npower. I did ring to complain that a refund, due in five working days, had not arrived after seven days.

I'd forgotten to check my bill account, Santander 123.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals