We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Anthing better than polyfiller for some holes in plaster?
justaquestion
Posts: 737 Forumite
Hi there,
I have a few holes at bottom of wall in hallway where the plaster has come loose, I have filled it with poly filler(the good brand) but find that after a few months the poly filler becomes very soft to the touch and the whole thing needs to be done again.
Is there anything that is definitely better than poly filler such as a plaster mix that I would fill it with?
There is actually a bathroom with a shower directlybacking onto hallway and the thought had crosses my mind that maybe there is a small leak from the shower waste that is working its way through wall, thereby loosening the plaster, but cant see any evidence of that as the plaster is dry.
Thanks once again.
I have a few holes at bottom of wall in hallway where the plaster has come loose, I have filled it with poly filler(the good brand) but find that after a few months the poly filler becomes very soft to the touch and the whole thing needs to be done again.
Is there anything that is definitely better than poly filler such as a plaster mix that I would fill it with?
There is actually a bathroom with a shower directlybacking onto hallway and the thought had crosses my mind that maybe there is a small leak from the shower waste that is working its way through wall, thereby loosening the plaster, but cant see any evidence of that as the plaster is dry.
Thanks once again.
0
Comments
-
If its going soft then damp/leak is the problem, you need to sort that before fixing the holesSome people don't exaggerate........... They just remember big!0
-
Pollyfilla should be fine. It's perfect for that. Whether you get the branded one or a generic one should make no difference at all.
Sounds like the damp needs investigating.0 -
Easyfill, but if polyfiller is going soft you have either used it too thick & it's not drying or you have a leak from the showerI'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.
You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.0 -
You've got to check if it keeps happening, a water leak can destroy bathrooms, even small ones. I speak from experience!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
