Budget Wars - A New Hope (with apologies to George Lucas)

Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon All

Apple to answer your question first. No I haven't considered the GP. I know my own problem and think they'd just be pretty much Dur/ head desk if I did tell them I was stressed or down.

My 'problem' is I am attempting the impossible. And at times thinking it might just be possible.
    I would not advise anyone anywhere to live the life I do. In order of insanity
    - I have spent the last 5/6 years earning barely a penny. But working like crazy.
    - I had a baby and took literally no maternity leave. I was back at work 2 days after giving birth.
    - I look after said baby, and run a business, which means I end up staying up till 12/1 in the morning to get things done. Then get up at 7 without fail every day because when you have children you don't lie in..
    - OH and I haven't been out together since our son was about 2. He's 9 this year. We have no babysitting choices and no money to pay for nights out anyway.
    - I get literally no time on my own that isn't working or watching my daughter. I get so fed up about this but have no choice.
    - My family situation is very complicated with none of my close relatives on my side wanting to support me for having taken the biggest risk of my life.
    - My so called friends have all moved on because they don't understand what it's like to give all of yourself to making something work. I do feel very hurt in some instances and feel if I were a man no one would bat an eyelid but apparently women are supposed to behave in certain ways and I have broken the code....

So that's a big list of reasons why I am feeling pretty rotten. And what would a GP say? Slow down. Give up the insane desire to work for yourself. Go to sleep earlier. Stop drinking a lot of coffee every morning.

They wouldn't be wrong would they :)

All that sounds quite angry doesn't it. I think I am a bit at the moment.

On practical matters, last month having had such a tough financial period pushed our already delicate finances to the wire. This month is even worse on our side because of how much less we had last month. And yet again the rent is due (monday) and I'm looking down the back of the sofa. But having to maintain positive happy vibes for my clients, and children. Which is very draining in itself.

I am truly grateful for all the lovely messages. It is a lovely Community here. And you are all special people.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bob, I've been reading your posts for months and have truly enjoyed reading them. Your last post sounds very unlike your other posts. I run my own business too and am trying to juggle childcare, working and struggling for money so completely feel for you. Hopefully in time your business will be thriving and things will settle, I know this doesn't help the now. I really hope things improve quickly x

Ps don't forget how well you have done with clearing your debt whilst raising a family!
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Bob - just popping on to say hello and I hope that you're ok...

Thanks Cat. :)

• Bobarella
    Options
    Hope things are improving Bob and you're okay x

Thank you Hidden :)

• Bobarella
    Options
    debtaghh wrote: »
    Bob, I've been reading your posts for months and have truly enjoyed reading them. Your last post sounds very unlike your other posts. I run my own business too and am trying to juggle childcare, working and struggling for money so completely feel for you. Hopefully in time your business will be thriving and things will settle, I know this doesn't help the now. I really hope things improve quickly x

Ps don't forget how well you have done with clearing your debt whilst raising a family!

Thank you Deb. It sounds like you know the struggles too. I have always known it isn't just me.

• Bobarella
    Options
    greent wrote: »
    Just caught up and didn't want to read and run without offering you more hugs and supportive thoughts xx

Thanks for the hugs Greent :)
    Doobop wrote: »
    Another lurker here wishing you well.

Thank you Doobop :)
    JoJoC wrote: »
    Hope you manage to get some time to gather your thoughts and take time for yourself. Life can be overwhelming at times and it's OK to admit that things aren't OK.

Hope you manage to find a way yo overcome how you're feeling, whether that's muddling through, sharing it with someone or visiting your GP.

All the best x

I appreciate your words JoJo thank you :)

• Bobarella
    Options
    MeandO wrote: »
    Seconding knowing this feeling Bob.^^^^

Sending love your way lovely and hope things get easier soon. xx

Sorry you have felt it too MeandO. Wishing you happier times.
    Hi Bob,
    I've not been around much so sorry to hear you have been so down. I had a conversation with my sister yesterday, we both said that this past year, everything has seemed so hard. Why does "it" have to be so hard? So I totally get where you are at. You work hard and do your best for everyone all of the time, and sometimes it just leaves you drained and empty. If it helps, I did NOT manage to keep myself from bursting into tears on the street on Sunday whilst out shopping for school trip stuff with DS on Sunday. Walked 10 minutes back to car with tears streaming down my face, and for the whole drive home. I was just so tired. Just wanted you to know we all understand. And it will get better. Lots of love n hugs.
    NOA
    x

NOA - thank you for your kind words and I am so sorry you have been in a bad way too. I hope you enjoy your kids being off this summer.:)
    JWPopps wrote: »
    All the hugs in the universe to you, Bob!!!

Thank you so much.:)

• Bobarella
    Options
    Siebrie wrote: »
    Hi Bob,

I was missing you on the Wombling thread and wondered where you were. Life is not easy for you at the moment, and I wish you all the best.

Thanks Siebre. Wondering if anyone else might want to pick up the reigns on that one, I feel guilty for not being around. :(
    Morning Bob, I can relate to the feeling. Big hugs to you lovely lady xxx

Thank you and I do know I'm not the only one who has had tough times, life can be hard. :)
    Oh Bob, poor you. Sending you huge support vibes. I hope you're able to figure out a path through the stress and work out the best route to move forwards with.

Thank you TOP. :)

• Bobarella
    Options
    Sending you many hugs and well wishes for a positive outlook, hope you can take some time out to recharge your batteries and that a brighter future is just around the corner.

H x

Thank you so much Huggle. :)
    mfmaybe wrote: »
    I don't post on your diary often Bob, but you sound like the more cheerleaders you can have right now, the better. From what I read, you work incredibly hard, give so much to family and friends, and deserve a lucky break.

Here's hoping karma sends you the good stuff you deserve.

Thanks very much :)
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    :grouphug: definitely pervy hug time.

Win, lose, or draw, we are here and you know where to find us.

Thanks Foxy :)

• crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Aw Bob - I truly have nothing but respect and admiration for everything that you do. I know our situations are very different but I completely appreciate trying to make a go of things and feeling like nobody notices/cares/helps etc. I wish I was closer and I would come and babysit your kids so you and dh could have a date night (and I don't ever offer to look after other people's kids :p)...
    You just need a break, and unfortunately I know how hard they are to come by.
    Lots of love to you and yours xxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport