We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

My fridge won’t cool enough even though the freezer is cooling fine

I have a Beko fridge freezer, and for the past few days, the fridge compartment has been very warm compared to the usual temperature. The freezer is working absolutely fine though.

The fan inside the freezer compartment is working alright, and I have checked the coils situated behind the freezer compartment as well, and they don't have any ice build up. Tuning the thermostat dialer also did not help at all.

I also left the appliance unplugged for 24 hours, but switching back on made no difference to the fridge temperature.

I must admit though that I could not locate the inlet and return air duct from the freezer to the fridge, which is where I am stuck now. Can anyone advise where these could be found as I cannot physically see any duct/opening in the fridge compartment.

What other potential causes should I look for before calling a professional?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.