PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Monday 25 July 2016

Options

Comments

• flutterbyuk25
    flutterbyuk25 Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Got a call from my DB after lunch to say my niece was in labour and was on her way to hospital. It could only be two minutes later I had a text from Mr TA's DB to say our nephew's wife was in hospital overdue her time and "something" should be happening soon! Two new great nieces/nephews expected in one afternoon! But it wasn't to be - niece had a little girl mid afternoon (both well) but nephew's wife was still hanging on and nothing would be happening until today.

TA ah how nice 2 new babies in family, and congrats to csarina's GD too. My due date is tomorrow but no sign yet of baby, s/he's too comfy!

My parents called in for an hour this morning and wanted to see the nursery all set up. I'm having a lazy day, didn't sleep that well last night. Just waiting on the locksmith to finish changing the back door lock before I make my lunch.

OS wise - WM been on and most dried on whirly but rain came in so have put the few damp items on the airer upstairs. Bins emptied, recycling put out, ensuite wiped over. Dinner will either be LO curry or tortellini with a HM sauce.

Have a good afternoon all
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Afternoon folks - I have popped back on to announce the arrival of the second great-niece. SIL texted me this morning to let us know she had been born safely in the early hours and both mum and baby well. It's like buses - none for a while then two come along together!

I went in town looking for suitable gifts but we have such a dire selection of shops I was hard pressed trying to find any nice baby things! In the end I settled on "useful" rather than pretty and got them both an assortment of pretty muslin squares, bodysuits and baby-grows from Boots. The mums should be glad of them if everyone else buys little dresses!

HILSTEP nice to hear from you but sorry you have been having such a bad time. Take care and I hope you find your new carers suitable.

Have a nice afternoon all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,049 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon everyone from me too.

Such nice news here today, babies coming or due and people getting better.

TA - I think 'useful' is better than 'pretty' as most folks decide on 'pretty' and most new parents need 'useful'.

This morning I went out early doors into town for a few things, bank, diesel, tip, shops and got home again by 10.30a.m. I got a few wee bottles of fizz (prosecco) which only have two glassfuls in, I don't really like the stuff but some neighbours do and they'll save waste.

The funeral service was a mixture of awful and good. Good because the young man had decided last year that if anything happened he wanted a non-religous event so it was lead by a lovely woman from the Humanist Society. Awful because I sat surrounded by about 75 school pupils, mostly in smart uniform, bawling their eyes out. So sad that they had this experience so young. Mind you I was crying too as it brought sharply back my trip to Australia in April and, just when I pulled myself together, an Eric Clapton 'Tears in Heaven' was played - lost it again!

Safely home now, cup of tea drank, yesterdays washing taken in for a rinse and spin and now hanging on the airers, and lunch eaten. I fell wrung out and ready for a snooze.

Life goes on so I shall sit down and watch Mrs Brown's Boys (Live) which I recorded the other night. I trust it to make me laugh out loud when I know I shouldn't, it's vulgar and rude but I really enjoy it.

Thanks for the thoughts.
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    GERS every time you hear Tears in Heaven in the future - maybe unexpectedly on the radio - you will shed a tear or two. I have heard The Air That I Breathe a few times since it was played at our friends funeral and it brings it all back again. (That was a Humanist funeral too and the second one we have been to recently)
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,645 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hey TA, congratulations on the safe arrival of baby #2, good idea in the useful present, will be much appreciated am sure.

GERS, my darling eldest brother wanted Knocking on Heavens Door at his funeral so that always starts me off, together with Forever Blowing Bubbles as he was a huge Hammers fan. Makes watching MOTD bit of a minefield!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My lovely daft big brother Davey had Elvis's The wonder of you and Somewhere over the Rainbow picked by his granddaughters and it was beautiful for his French funeral, and a fortnight ago we had Lord of the Dance at his interrment of his ashes in England. He is now at peace with our late lovely Mum.

Funerals are harder for the ones left behind . My husband had a very mixed bag of favourite music he had wanted Tchaikovsky's Pathetique on arrival, Glenn Miller's 'In the mood and departed with his favourite football teams song for he was an ardent Crystal Palace supporter for over 35 years and had Dave Clake Five's 'Glad all over' which was accompanied by the whole of the congregation stamping their feet to the music as everyone knew his obsession with Crystal Palace FC The club even couriered down a large CrystalPalace flag which was draped on his coffin on the day of the funeral. My grandson Ben has it now hanging up in his bedroom on the wall
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Hilstep sorry to hear you've not been well.
    I've chosen my funeral music, I'm going in to The Pearl Fisher's duet and finishing with Build me up Buttercup
    We had a change of plan DD1 & I both went to DD2's and we've gutted her garden, 3 tip runs, 2 hippo bags and a visit from the scrap man and the children now have a garden they can play in for the holidays.
    DD1 and I will do one day a week at DD2's, DD1 is also having DD2's three oldest children to stay once a week and I will have the toddler at mine, to give DD2 some respite.
    I left DD's at 4 then went to collect the keys from my colleague who's cats' fishes and garden I'm taking care of for 3 weeks.
    At 6 I have to take hubby up some supper and then at 9 or 10 I'll go back and collect him.
    We have a visitor next Saturday, he's moved to Cornwall but his mother is in a care home the other side of town, she is being moved to one just round the corner to me, no doubt I will be asked to visit to keep an eye on things. But I can't commit to more than once a month.
    Have a good evening everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    The furniture I'm getting rid of is being collected next Tuesday
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Hester you may only be 4ft something, but my goodness I wish I had half your energy and strength.

Please please please finish that story on your blog about the lady of the night, I want to read more:):) What you have written is so tantilising

Candlelightx
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    TA many congratulations on the 2 new baby girls, what blessings they will bring

Candlelightx
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Congrats TA, lovely news. Any word of the names yet? I love to hear of babies names, some I love and others ...........

Gers - I think you may need some of that prosecco this evening after attending the service. I watched Mrs Brown's Boys last night, Brendan O'Carroll makes me laugh anyway but the thought of him being live on TV makes it more exciting! Incidentally, the cameraman who was mentioned early on in the programme is the husband of a teacher at the school I work at, apparently it is a laugh from start of filming to the end.

Went swimming this morning then went for birthday cards (6 altogether, had to make a list) and bought DD some Sonos speakers for her birthday/christmas - DS2 is going halves with me so not so bad.

Weather decidely showery, washing drying indoors.

Have a good evening.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport