We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Wiring a bathroom pull cord
tayll85
Posts: 3 Newbie
Hi,
Replacing my bathroom pullcord (which also supplies a fan) but the wiring is different. At the moment I have 2 red wires and a green. I don't know how best to explain it so I've included link to the pictures of the old and the new. In the old one the left red wire goes into a point labelled 'Supply' L, in the right the red goes into 'Load' N, and the green goes into 'Load' L.
postimg.org/image/bfskcv4sh
postimg.org/image/m24wdp7hj
Can anyone help??
Do I need a different pull cord?
Thanks!
Replacing my bathroom pullcord (which also supplies a fan) but the wiring is different. At the moment I have 2 red wires and a green. I don't know how best to explain it so I've included link to the pictures of the old and the new. In the old one the left red wire goes into a point labelled 'Supply' L, in the right the red goes into 'Load' N, and the green goes into 'Load' L.
postimg.org/image/bfskcv4sh
postimg.org/image/m24wdp7hj
Can anyone help??
Do I need a different pull cord?
Thanks!
0
Comments
-
Assuming that's a double-pole single-throw switch (I'm not that savvy, can't see the labelling - you'd put the red on the left into COM on the new switch, and the other green and red into L1 (or L2 - but both in the same hole).
You could disregard the little red link cable.0 -
Thanks Grenage, works a treat now.
Appreciate the help!0 -
My pleasure.
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards