Virgin Active Mickey Take with Nuffield Sale

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
KinkajouKinkajou Forumite
49 Posts
Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
Hello!

Virgin Active are selling 35 of its clubs to Nuffield Health by the third quarter of this year.

I have a membership with them that allows me to use other gyms in the group and sadly, my other favourite club is part of the cull.

Find it amazing to see that Virgin don't really acknowledge that this represents a drop in service/flexibility for any members who are affected. Members who travel across the UK and use many gyms across the group must be more peeved than I am.

Virgin's response- offer five guest passes as compensation. Wow!!:mad:

Seems like a bit of a mickey take to me, especially as you can predict that in a few months they'll be holding out their hands for increased monthly membership for any 'improvements' they've made across the group. I feel they could have handled this better as members only options are to put up with it, change gyms or reduce their membership.

If anyone's interested, the 35 clubs transferring to Nuffield Health are: Bolton, Bridgend, Bristol, Chigwell, Chislehurst, Crawley, Croydon, Cwmbran, Derby, Devonshire, Ealing, Edinburgh Fountain, Edinburgh Omni, Enfield, Farnborough, Friern Barnet, Glasgow, Hemel Hempstead, Hendon, Islington Essex Road, Kingston Richmond Rd, Leeds The Light, Manchester Didsbury, Medway, Merton Abbey, Milngavie, Oxfordshire, Preston, Romford, Rugby, Stockley Park, Sunbury, Wandsworth Southside, Weston-Super-Mare and Wokingham
I'm not impressed!
Save
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs