Options
13»

Comments

• jeallen01
    jeallen01 Posts: 192 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 August 2016 at 9:47AM
    Options
    Look for the WSUS programme on the web - this is a programme that allows you to create a USB stick that has all the relevant updates for your MS system and MS Office etc, having checked on what it already installed, and then you run the separate WSUS update to transfer and install all those updates on the PC. You can also create a USB stick with the update on it and use that to update other PCs.

Edited You can find it here: http://download.wsusoffline.net/ - the download link is in the top right corner above the Donate link. I did like it and so I donated a few Euros. I have also put the documentation into a WORD document if anyone would like it.

Warning - it takes a very long time for WSUS to check your m/c and create the file system on the USB stick, and a further very long time to install the updates on the PC - possibly leave it on overnight for both the first and then again for the second stage. Don't interrupt either process, even when it appears to have "hung", as it should eventually carry on to the next stage (and then the next and the next!).
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lady_K wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone else is experiencing the same but from the 1st of August win7 updates are back to normal for me including the alerts on the taskbar and they haven't worked for well over a year

Hmmm... I'm just trying to fix a friend's Windows 7 PC which is (yet again) refusing to download updates. :mad:
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,395 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    esuhl wrote: »
    Hmmm... I'm just trying to fix a friend's Windows 7 PC which is (yet again) refusing to download updates. :mad:
    Check out post #12, I had been struggling for days with "advice" from Auntie Google until I decided to install the July update as a stand-alone. Don't forget to turn off update service.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure