Animation gift ideas please

Options
2»

Comments

• sethsgran
    sethsgran Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's an excellent idea. Thank you. We do also have family coming over from America in the next few months so I might try source/buy some stuff from there and get them to bring it over for me.
    Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes
  • Cherry24
    Cherry24 Posts: 328 Forumite
    Options
    InspirEducation do stop animation kits on Etsy https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/InspirEducation?ref=l2-shopheader-name
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,177 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 August 2016 at 10:23AM
    Options
    Hi sethsgran

I have seen a boxed kit called 'make a zombie movie' in Matalan for a couple of years but it's their Christmas gift range so you'd have to wait until they get their stock in to see if they do it again, or any alternatives. Don't know if this would be suitable? It's something like this I've seen them do.

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/gift-gadgets/zombie-movie-making-kit/10617689.html
  • sethsgran
    Options
    Excellent thank you.
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    In our poundland at the moment they are doing the making of Pirates by Ardman who also make Wallace and Gromitt and Morph, that is one cheap gift :D But not really an animation book persay.

My DD did animation as part of her uni course and she said the best book is Creating 3D animation by Peter Lord available as used very good 1p on Amazon with £2.80 postage or it costs £21.51 new.
    She said to get him a big pack of plastecine and modelling wire for armeture ( garden wire will do and currently going for pennies in Wilko at the moment because they are selling off all garden items)
    Save
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • sethsgran
    Options
    That's excellent. I will pop into to Wilson tomorrow. Thank you. My husband is going to adapt, or he will when I tell him about it, a small footstool into an animation stage for him to work with. It will have a back part to it also.
  • Cherry24
    Options
    Bit late but I've come across the Stikbot Zamination kit http://www.red5.co.uk/new-gadgets/stikbot-zanimation.aspx
    It also works with a mobile app.
  • sethsgran
    Options
    That sounds excellent. Thanks for the link.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport