passing money over to children, painlessly

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 July 2016 at 5:00PM
    money matters have settled down, I just put all the tax papers together for the accountant, yes could do it myself but for me it is worth the cost and always handy to have someone to ask. Just getting the papers together and sorting my file has helped, taking out old papers and putting away the new ones

Lump sum has arrived from husbands fixed rate account and will be accessible in three days. I have opened a new account with national counties, giving me 1.3%, they closed it yesterday so I was lucky. I now have various accounts and will quickly spread money out wrt the fscs protection. Another lump sum matures in two weeks and that is the one that will be used for my children, most of it

Btw, this is handy. Just look at saga, it is only one of several banks/building societies under one umbrella wrt fscs protection
    http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/meandmymoney/article-1630421/Savings-compensation-protection-Bank-ownership-licences.html
  • Andypandyboy
    Andypandyboy Posts: 2,472 Forumite
    Yes, we have helped with deposits and cars. MIL also gave them £6000 each towards their house deposits, as she wanted to see them enjoy it and not have to wait until she had gone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure