Advice on a FPN for littering

Options

Comments

• shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    daytona0 wrote: »
    It also doesn't rule out the possibility that it IS enforceable

Exactly.
    If a council has gone to the expense of getting signs erected, there is a fair possibility that there will something in place to enforce what those signs are trying to prohibit.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There are always going to be new and over zealous enforcement people, they are probably on targets and being pushed to get more results. I blame the system that created these targets.
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Exactly.
    If a council has gone to the expense of getting signs erected, there is a fair possibility that there will something in place to enforce what those signs are trying to prohibit.

That doesn't mean it's a probability though. It's not unheard of for councils to put restrictions in place without getting the legalities sorted first. :)
  • Tiarose
    Options
    Just thought I'd pop back and update - she successfully got the fine cancelled. Thanks all.

Hello, I have a similar problem now, would you kindly advise what your friend wrote in her appeal letter?
  • Geoff1963
    Geoff1963 Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    Options
    I was once threatened by the Council for having an overgrown garden, by reference to legislation which applied only to cut crops. "No further action."

I think the key point is : "walked away leaving it on the pavement" ; and if that had been the case, the man could have photographed it.
    If the feeding was the problem, they would probably take video evidence ; but then we must ask why the man allowed this heinous crime to continue. Some people cannot read, and some people cannot read English.
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    Geoff,

Please stop rehashing old threads!
  • Geoff1963
    Options
    If there is a cut-off date, I must have missed that. Is there a general rule anywhere about such things ? I've only been on the forum 2 weeks.

I thought I was contributing ; and if people aren't interested in a thread, they can easily unsubscribe from it.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Necromancing old threads is not good forum etiquette. These forums are busy enough without old threads crawling out of the grave.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,660 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Geoff1963 wrote: »
    If there is a cut-off date, I must have missed that. Is there a general rule anywhere about such things ? I've only been on the forum 2 weeks.

I thought I was contributing ; and if people aren't interested in a thread, they can easily unsubscribe from it.

Newbie posters who rake up old threads are generally regarded as people trying to increase their post count with the possibility of later making spam posts or trolling. There are plenty of current posts to which you can contribute.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Geoff1963
    Options
    I had experience of an unjustified Council compliant, which I successfully defended ; but didn't think it warranted a new thread, so added it to this one.

If someone is trying to increase their post count, why not force them to keep making long posts about a subject on which they must claim some interest and knowledge ? Complaining at them, so they only have to write a brief reply, makes it easier for them to increase their count.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure