PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Options

Comments

• moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    jk0 wrote: »
    But what can you do when you don't have a body, Money?

I thought that was the reason we feel compelled to keep coming back here?

Manage perfectly well without it - and all the problems that come with having one. No health problems, no looks problems, no having to have a house, etc, etc.:)

As far as I can make out it seems to be the case we can still go in for various physical pleasures if we choose to - eg sitting down to a nice meal/having a home of our own/etc etc;). Though we'd probably not bother after a while - because of not needing to eat a meal again or whatever....:)
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm compelled to come back to this forum out of curiosity.

What'll happen to me when I am so many atoms, I'm not sure but I hope I'll have time to enjoy Tom Lehrer's "We Will All Go Together When We Go" one more time.

As for the afterlife, I'm rather hoping some benevolent deity (and if an Aunt has taken promotion, I'm fine with that) will leave a gate unlocked rather than condemn me to eternal trying to start a fire in front of an audience of curious scouts. Or whatever seems appropriate. (I suspect Purgatory is life as we know but every meal is peas when you can smell the bacon [/insert foodstuff to taste] cooking somewhere.)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 13 April 2018 at 7:36PM
    Options
    If I have to go before my time someone somewhere is damned well going to get an earful and know about it afterwards!!! Atoms or not, I'll give 'em hell!!!

Tom Lehrer's 'Poisoning Pigeons in the Park' for me please! I like peas!!!
  • daz378
    daz378 Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hello bought my ticket to L.A but comprehensive travel insurance cost me 160 pound for 2 week each ailment i admitted was a kching moment worth for peace of mind . still looking forward to a couple of week off take care
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well Mr Trump Sir has finally got the fight he's been drooling for, what bleak news to wake up to this morning and he's talked Mrs May and Monsieur Macron into joining him. I hope this is not another case of being talked into action on falsehoods I remember Mr. Blair Sir and Iraq with crystal clarity and all the fall out from that when it proved there weren't weapons of mass destruction after all and that the whole shebang was falsehoods and duplicity. I hope very much that this is a one off action, that it doesn't escalate in any way and that someone somewhere can find the right words and reasons to stop things from ratcheting up into a war or any kind.
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :) A dear pal and I (and he is north of seventy and at an age where he is attending many a friend's funeral each year) both describe ourselves as militant atheists.

Beliefs are just electirical discharges across across a bunch of cholestoral-rich tissue lodged between your ears. When the discharges cease across your little grey cells, so do your beliefs.

My personal belief is that I am a bunch of random atoms temporarily aggregated into a human being, which will have been part of other organisms in the past, and will be the part of other organisms in the future. I'm cool with that.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    GQ that's actually a very comforting thought, perhaps that's what reincarnation really is? whatever the actuality thank you xxx.
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    GQ that's actually a very comforting thought, perhaps that's what reincarnation really is? whatever the actuality thank you xxx.
    :) My pleasure. I find it comforting, too. We're just animals using cells on loan, our bodies are actually mostly comprised of bacteria which are lodged in our guts. I like thinking of myself as a supertanker with a cargo hold full of critters, a universe on the move.

Means far more to me than some misogynistic beardy sky god dreamed up by pastoralists in the middle east, frankly.

:p Now, having (possibly) given gratutious offence to the pious before it's even 9 am, I must avaunt to the allotment, where I shall garden without harming worms or centipedes.

I reserve the kill-on-sight habit for slugs & snails, one should only take this wheel of life stuff so far, y'know? :rotfl:
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    I like the idea of reincarnation. Sort of recycling of souls. :D
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Presuming GQ returns safe & whole, we will have proof "heresy" isn't fatal. (You can't include the US occupant of the white place, there are ongoing doubts as to animal vegetable or mineral let alone *useful* atoms.) Indeed I'd hesitate to have him near an allotment lest he contaminate things, but perhaps GQ would form a view & take robust edged metal action.

Meanwhile I am struggling to prep for the Waitrose removal of disposable cups - an idea I wholeheartedly agree with so long as the very-nearly-free coffee continues - & am thus seeking a metal, insulated, genuinely can be sealed shut cup (once mostly empty) that I can lug around.
    There are an assortment of ecofriendly things, collapsible things(!), even Designer things but I want something that won't let the remaining froth trickle into the rest of my bag that will withstand the usual rigours of life & Can Be Patched - nothing too fragile-plastic in the lid department. (I do carry a length of Gaffer tape.)
    Has anyone experience of something robust & effective & from where I might hope to source another?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure