PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Tweedledum in the US and Tweedledee in N.Korea are just bullying bellowers who have toys way in advance of their ages and capabilities to play with! How dare they be playing fast and loose with the entire planet and the beings who inhabit it from the lowliest amoeba to the mightiest whale , this is NOT their playground and this is NOT our fight! Put them in an arena together and let them sort it out face to face, NOT press buttons ad hoc and bring on Armageddon. I object as do we all, to being just cannon fodder to the egos of two beings whose mental state is questionable!!!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    what is very very scarey is now that NK is advancing, nothing is going to stop an accident, even very advanced Japan had an accident and NK is a small backward country `playing` with very dangerous toys.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    I think we're very very close to a war.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am mildly charmed by "if Today fails to air for three days straight, it is safe for them to assume Britain has fallen."
    If we still had the family retreat in Wales, we might take a flier on staying largely hidden in the stonework, but having a nuclear physicist in the family means I tend to keep a bottle of fizz handy, rather than a bunker. He's been robustly clear that accidents can be survived usually but weapons are meant to be permanent. Hence his living life with both hands, fizz nearby & an almost unseemly gusto for living in one over 80.

So when they had water shortly to be cut off, it was I who scampered around running cold baths & filling kettles. If I'm intended to survive, I want to do so with tea...
  • Witless
    Witless Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    I think we're very very close to a war.

I think we're quite close to Spoiled Kid getting b!tch slapped by his neighbours - in a discrete way.
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Like I said before, a little fat yellow kid with a dodgy haircut versus a big fat orange kid with a dodgy haircut, you couldn't make it up! A curse on both their houses!
    One life - your life - live it!
  • jk0
    jk0 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

So when they had water shortly to be cut off, it was I who scampered around running cold baths & filling kettles. If I'm intended to survive, I want to do so with tea...

I guess a good prep is to make sure your bath is always clean then, isn't it? :)

(I clean mine as soon as I get out of it, as of course it will have been in soak for half an hour.)
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    I am mildly charmed by "if Today fails to air for three days straight, it is safe for them to assume Britain has fallen."
    If we still had the family retreat in Wales, we might take a flier on staying largely hidden in the stonework, but having a nuclear physicist in the family means I tend to keep a bottle of fizz handy, rather than a bunker. He's been robustly clear that accidents can be survived usually but weapons are meant to be permanent. Hence his living life with both hands, fizz nearby & an almost unseemly gusto for living in one over 80.

The fizz as in toasting the fact you'll soon have no more problems - as there will soon be no more "you" (not sitting here in a physical body any longer that is)??

That's the viewpoint I hold personally too - the "wouldnt survive anyway - and wouldnt want to". I would say anyone who thought we could survive a holocaust for one second has been reading too many of those daft "Protect and Survive" leaflets the, then, Government insulted our intelligence with back in the 1980s.

Personally - my only regret at getting "whapped into oblivion" if it came to it would be "I never did manage to get my life 'straight' - so that I could just get on and live it without having to work on getting my finances straight/getting my health 101%/etc - though I spent over 60 years working on doing so. What was the point of that then?"
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 5 September 2017 at 10:59AM
    Options
    I have a nuclear physicist family member and I was a physicist and I`ll be the one sitting outside with a bottle of fizz if something happens, accident or otherwise. The quicker the better. She and I get on with our lives because anything nuclear and that would be the end of that. Nuclear reactions are very unstable and like a shook up thin glass bottle, holding fizz, could go pop at any time. Its a `what if` and what ifs are not worth worrying about. What can we do about NK, nothing so what is the point of worrying. Live in the moment

oops had MK down
  • jk0
    jk0 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kittie wrote: »
    What can we do about KM, nothing so what is the point of worrying.

KonMari? :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport