PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Apologies for linking to the BBC website :o , but it's the first result from my search.

Parliament shooting: Woman dies in Westminster attack

A woman has died on Westminster Bridge in central London in what police are treating as a terrorist incident.

A police officer was also stabbed in the nearby Houses of Parliament by an attacker, who was shot by police.

The attacker struck several pedestrians as he drove a car across the bridge, before crashing it into railings.

A doctor at St Thomas' Hospital said a number of other people were hurt - some with "catastrophic" injuries.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39355940
  • Cappella
    Cappella Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 March 2017 at 9:44AM
    Options
    BBC are running continuous news coverage. Westminster is in lock down.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    BBC still running solid coverage - may switch to Al Jaz!

However, "We Are Not Afraid", just jolly hacked off.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 23 March 2017 at 3:43PM
    Options
    What colour, creed, race IS hate??? all and every colour, creed and race has its extremism and extremists who act 'in the name of their version of God' this is just the latest instalment by the latest organisation so predictability of colour, creed and race isn't applicable. Terrorism is ALWAYS wrong and can be perpetrated by ANYONE of any religion, any race, any colour and from any background taking a guess is going to involve innocent people and without facts proven that is dangerous.

This post is a redress to a post that has now been removed along with all replies to it by the board guides.
  • Cappella
    Cappella Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 March 2017 at 12:17PM
    Options
    What colour, creed, race IS hate??? All and every colour, creed and race has its extremism and extremists who act 'in the name of their version of God' this is just the latest instalment by the latest organisation so predictability of colour, creed and race isn't applicable. Terrorism is ALWAYS wrong and can be perpetrated by ANYONE of any religion, any race, any colour and from any background taking a guess is going to involve innocent people and without facts proven that is dangerous.

Absolutely agree with this post. Thank you MrsLurcherWalker
  • hunters
    hunters Posts: 827 Forumite
    edited 23 March 2017 at 12:18PM
    Options
    Well done to all the police, medics, and the people passing by for helping, of whatever race, colour or creed, we applaud you. :T
    :j
  • nuatha
    nuatha Posts: 1,932 Forumite
    edited 23 March 2017 at 12:18PM
    Options
    Go to the menu item "User CP"
    Under "Settings and Options" is "Edit Ignore List"
    Start typing the name of the member you wish to ignore, and the drop down list will populate - select the member name (I presume copy and paste will also work)
    Click the "Okay" button.
  • jk0
    jk0 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It may be a little early for me to mention this, but this tragedy has reminded me of a prep that may mitigate our injuries if anyone tries this near us:

It's to always walk on the right hand pavement, so you can see if anyone is mounting the pavement, and hopefully you have time to escape. Yes, I know that traffic from the other side may come across, but at least to some extent you will then be protected by the traffic coming towards you.

I do this here in Reading already on my morning walk, as I am frequently startled by traffic coming up behind me very close to the pavement if I walk on the left. (Why on earth do they do that?)
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for that jko, a useful reminder. I always walk facing the traffic on roads with no pavement but I don't know why this didn't occur to me before
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    I have always believed that religion is the single biggest evil this world has invented. And nothing will ever change my mind on that.
    The other thing I was thinking about this was that isn't it a pity how we in this country always seem to muddle through and that somebody always has to die because we miss a weak spot.. why plant a policeman right on such a great target as that gate without a gun? Mad.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure