PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Christmas 16 mega index/christmas chat!!!

Options

Comments

• bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Thanks apple shaped. I have just been blackberry-Ing and plan to make blackberry and apple compote. Don't think I have enough jars stored to put it in though! Shall check out B and M.

Bexster :)
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    Totally un-Christmas related but had to say..just had our little girl. Zoe. 6 pounds 8 and two weeks early. Very quick delivery thankfully. So tired.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Totally un-Christmas related but had to say..just had our little girl. Zoe. 6 pounds 8 and two weeks early. Very quick delivery thankfully. So tired.

Thank you for sharing your lovely news - congratulations. Yes - tired, tired, tired although I'm sure baby Zoe is well worth it.

Many blessings!

Crimson
  • curiouscrafter
    Options
    I am very happy this this thread has started, I love Christmas and I never really stop planning for it. I am very much looking forward to keeping up with this thread. I have in the past dipped in and out of threads but due to a reduction in working hours I will have a little more time to reign in the Christmas spending and check in.

I/We buy for our children Son 10 and Daughter 7, our 3 nieces and 1 nephew and both sets of parents.
    I buy for my other half and also get token gifts for some work colleagues and my brother and sister.
    I would estimate this would total to around £500.

I always get wrapping, cards, bows, ribbon etc in the sales and I would think the amount I have would last until 2020!!
    I have a small diary that add ideas to at the back as and when they pop up. Just today walking back from town through the park with the kids my son said he would like to start using the basketball pitch. So I wrote in basket ball, it might be that he gets one before then if he chooses to spend his pocket money on but if not then there is an idea.

I also have to let family members know or give ideas for what the children would like, this could potentially be another 10 gifts each ranging from £5 to £50 so writing down does prove to be handy when everybody asks mid November.

We are off on our Summer holidays in a few days so when I come back I will have a lot of catching up to do and hopefully I would have found some great bargains on my travels :j
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

Congratulations!!! Such happy news :T

Dxxx
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,514 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

Congratulations:T:T x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    Thanks everyone x
  • ArtDecoGirly
    Options
    Told DP we need to start buying for Christmas and he looked at me like I was mad! He'll thank me when we're relaxing a few days before, watching cheesy films with a nice hot cupppa and everything sorted
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    Just had a message from my friend saying she knew r would make me happy. The start of Christmas chocs and biscuits, cards and wrapping have hit Tesco!
    Hell to everyone else..heaven to all of us.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Seriously, I love this news!!!

I bought another present today, pair of shoes for my niece reduced from 17.99 to 4.49 :money:

Bought myself a pair too, would have been rude not to at that price!

How's little babykins?

Dxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family