Personal Finances - critical inputs invited please

Options
2»

Comments

• Ray_Singh-Blue
    Options
    I totally get why you might have chosen interest only mortgages. This is the purest way to leverage your 4 properties, 5 if you include the one you bought for your sister.

What I don't quite get is your investment strategy, but you have kind of left us guessing with your odd "shares in India" and British Building Society smorgasbord.

What is your investment strategy? Goal, horizon, philosophy?
  • Walletwatch
    Walletwatch Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    Options

"Cash is king" but vulnerable to currency devaluation shocks like the one we have just had. Are your shares in India, publically traded companies? I guess that adds up to a more balanced portfolio. Although heavily weighted towards property, and leveraged to the tune of £585k.

Yes, shares in India are publicly traded and they are value investing stocks, so liquidity is not a concern here. I do agree though, there is a significant inclination towards property in my overall portfolio.
    It's always the grass that suffers, irrespective of whether the elephants are fighting or making love !!!
  • Mr_Costcutter
    Options
    Some very good suggestions already given, but I'm wondering whether you have considered savings/investments for your children?

If you are planning to buy more property, do think carefully about the tax implications and maybe take advice on that - how to avoid paying too much lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure