Precise Mortgages - how long from application to offer?

Options

Comments

• Valacarno12
    Valacarno12 Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So we’ve been told that building is set to recommence for our new build, and our broker keeps telling us not to worry. However, can’t help but continue to notice Precise haven’t put any products back up apart from the 40% deposit one.

Also, for anyone who’s gone through an application is better to use some savings to clear credit cards right down? Or not much of a difference if just paying them off.
    Were stuck in Limbo with Precise and have been for six weeks. We was trying to get a 15% deposit mortgage which but i think criteria will change and they'll stop 15% deposits for a while which will be the end of the application if they ask for a bigger deposit

That’s my concern, we had 5% Help to Buy agreed, but worried they won’t put that product back up. 
  • freedom010
    freedom010 Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    @Valacarno12

We are exactly in a same boat. We have house reserved since the beginning of 2020, but cannot proceed as lenders such as precise dont lend with help to buy. Our broker informed us that precise started up to 85% LTV lending, however, only with a cash deposit / not help to buy. Also, tiers are tighten so its much harder to qualify. He reckons that standard product range should come to life in about June/July time. 
  • Valacarno12
    Valacarno12 Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    @Valacarno12

We are exactly in a same boat. We have house reserved since the beginning of 2020, but cannot proceed as lenders such as precise dont lend with help to buy. Our broker informed us that precise started up to 85% LTV lending, however, only with a cash deposit / not help to buy. Also, tiers are tighten so its much harder to qualify. He reckons that standard product range should come to life in about June/July time. 

The Help to Buy is back on Precise so we’ve started our application. Abit concerned about how much stricter they’ll be.

looking at the criteria we haven’t got any issues, just concerned about credit score and how that impacts. 
  • freedom010
    freedom010 Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    @Valacarno12

I think that Precise is not taking your experian or equifax credit score into consideration. They are more interested if you fit into criteria. We have been accepted on the beginning of the year with extremely low credit scored in 200s. It was low enough to be refused a car finance but precise still provided DIP. 

Our broker advised us to wait a bit as precise has started to bring products back. At the moment rate is 3.89% for a 2 year fixed, where beforehand it was 3.44%. He is pretty sure that old product will be back soon. 
  • marsh19
    marsh19 Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    I have enjoyed reading the stories ! 
    My application went in yesterday, when did you notice the hard check on your credit report and what credit agency did they use for the hard check.
    thanks 
  • onthemend88
    onthemend88 Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Once our full application had been submitted, we had an alert the following day which showed the credit check. We only had searches done with Experian, nothing on Equifax or Transunion. 
    First Time Buyer
    AIP 18/02/2020 - Full Application 25/02/2020 - Valuation - 16/03/2020
    17/03/2020 - Mortgage Offer Issued
    23/03/2020 - LOCKDOWN

19/06/2020 - Exchange of Contracts
    07/08/2020 - Officially Homeowners
  • Sebasteeno
    Sebasteeno Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Were still waiting - been about three months now
  • marsh19
    marsh19 Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    That’s a long wait !! We applied on Tuesday and already have 12 questions to answer ! This is going to be a long stressful process! 
    What questions have you all had back???.... mine have been 

6 months bank statements 
    where did money come from (was a gift)
    how will we pay off dept 
    how will we cope with selling one car
    how much savings do we have 
    and many more ...
  • steele3790
    steele3790 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    marsh19 said:
    That’s a long wait !! We applied on Tuesday and already have 12 questions to answer ! This is going to be a long stressful process! 

6 months bank statements 
    how will we pay off dept 
    and many more ...
    Hi, just wondering if you have had any update on your application? Mine went in on the 27th 🤞🤞
  • JoPea
    JoPea Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    marsh19 said:

6 months bank statements 
    how will we pay off dept 
    and many more ...
    Hi, just wondering if you have had any update on your application? Mine went in on the 27th 🤞🤞
    Have you heard anything back as yet our application went in on the 4/6 and valuation was taken same day?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback