Precise Mortgages - how long from application to offer?

Options

Comments

• freedom010
    Options
    Hi guys, I am wondering if anyone had a similar situation today or yesterday...
    We are in a process of application and the underwriter is constantly coming back with requests with more info - which is fine. We are supplying as we go. We have not been informed about any issue with the application, however, we have seen a valuation fee refund on our bank account. Have anyone experienced the same?
    Would you think it is due to hold of all precise mortgage applications (due to Covid-19)? 

Our anxiety levels are up now, so it would be great to see if anyone has been refunded the valuation fee for no reason?
  • EverythingIWant
    Options
    Hate to say it but belts are tightening and mortgage lenders are wobbling. We are with precise currently. Valuation fee refund may be because no valuations are going to be carried out for the foreseeable (good to get the refund) but if I was being very honest I would be surprised if you get the offer. We got close to the offer stage for a remortgage with NatWest, just before the surveyor was coming out they said the application had now been declined due to adverse - the credit checks and adverse had all been agreed at that point. Wouldn’t share any further information. Prepare for the worst anything else is a bonus. 
  • EverythingIWant
    Options
    Also spoke to a building society today who said they are tightening up lending across the board and senior underwriters are reviewing almost every case, cherry picking only the lowest risk. 
  • freedom010
    freedom010 Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    @EverythingIWant thanks for sharing!

it is a bad time anyway to buy any house i think due to several factor around current virus situation. I am just very surprised that precise processed a refund of the fee without even noticing us or our broker while requesting more infos. The only idea that comes to my mind is that they are also stopping any borrowings and refunding fees for now until they can restart the valuation process and possibly taking fee again. Wondering how long that will take. 
    I guess that developers will have to fit to this situation and simply wait for buyers to be able to get mortgages in place. 
    Sad times :(
  • EverythingIWant
    Options
    Yeah the developers will wait, the number of buying will drop now so I wouldn’t worry too much. They will have an update for you but it’s a case of getting hold of them via your broker! It is probably because no valuations so they are giving your cash back, and will retake it when the process resumes - probably mid to late summer?
  • freedom010
    freedom010 Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    We just had an update and precise declined application (at very late stage) due to covid-19. They are declining applications and refunding valuation fees as they are unable to process anything at this point. We will have to wait and see how things go and see when they will be able to process that. Developer will wait as there is going to be many people in our situation. It is scary how simple virus can affect society and economy. 
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
     It is scary how simple virus can affect society and economy. 
    A reality check for many. As to how modern medicine shields us from so much in daily life. 
  • Valacarno12
    Valacarno12 Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So we’ve been told that building is set to recommence for our new build, and our broker keeps telling us not to worry. However, can’t help but continue to notice Precise haven’t put any products back up apart from the 40% deposit one.

Also, for anyone who’s gone through an application is better to use some savings to clear credit cards right down? Or not much of a difference if just paying them off.
  • Sebasteeno
    Sebasteeno Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So we’ve been told that building is set to recommence for our new build, and our broker keeps telling us not to worry. However, can’t help but continue to notice Precise haven’t put any products back up apart from the 40% deposit one.

Also, for anyone who’s gone through an application is better to use some savings to clear credit cards right down? Or not much of a difference if just paying them off.
    Were stuck in Limbo with Precise and have been for six weeks. We was trying to get a 15% deposit mortgage which but i think criteria will change and they'll stop 15% deposits for a while which will be the end of the application if they ask for a bigger deposit
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure