help dropped out of uni after three classes they are charging me £750 for entire term

Options
i attended university to do my pgce after attending four classes (at different points over a two month period) i dropped out as the course wasnt for me. The university said i have to pay £750 for the entire first term, student loans wont pay it as you have to be going for 3 months. I queried what legal right they had to charge this and they say i filled out the enrollment online. However i didn't! one of their staff pushed it through as i kept forgetting to do it and was wavering about doing the course. So i have never actually signed anything and i'm assuming that because the university did it the signature will be just my name typed out. Do i have any legal recourse to challenge this at all? Or is there anything else i can do as £750 for four two hour lessons is ridiculous.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    It may be due to the fact that you attended the course over a 2 month period.

I get that you only attended 4 lectures during that time but this is maybe why?

Dxxx
  • srisport
    srisport Posts: 198 Forumite
    Options
    unifees wrote: »
    i attended university to do my pgce after attending four classes (at different points over a two month period) i dropped out as the course wasnt for me. The university said i have to pay £750 for the entire first term, student loans wont pay it as you have to be going for 3 months. I queried what legal right they had to charge this and they say i filled out the enrollment online. However i didn't! one of their staff pushed it through as i kept forgetting to do it and was wavering about doing the course. So i have never actually signed anything and i'm assuming that because the university did it the signature will be just my name typed out. Do i have any legal recourse to challenge this at all? Or is there anything else i can do as £750 for four two hour lessons is ridiculous.

Ask for the copy of the enrollment form to prove that it was signed?

My understanding is that forms which are submitted online usually have a ticked box option which replaces a signature and once ticked, you agree to their T&C's.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure