HSBC Premier - Suites and Lounges

I've been offered HSBC Premier as an upgraded account.

I notice in a number of branches they have suites/lounges that apparently offer refreshments. As someone who travels around all parts of London for work these lounge facilities could be useful.

Do any other HSBC Premier customers know what refreshments they offer other than tea/coffee and maybe a biscuit?

Also which London branches do Premier Customers recommend ?

Comments

• SurfKing
    SurfKing Posts: 83 Forumite
    I'd have thought that someone who qualified for HSBC Premier could easily buy themselves a cup of coffee and a biscuit out of Greggs ;-)
  • redmalc
    redmalc Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    i am leaving HSBC after some 35 years banking with them,through different names.
    Been a Premier customer for as long as i can remember, but recently finished the mortgage and now they are downgrading the account.
    i understand the criteria of Premier but we deposit 100K per annum and spend 35K on credit card and only utilise the travel insurance.
    i discussed the position and their attitude was take it or leave it so we have moved to Santander and earned £550 per year in interest on our money that used to sit in the current account
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    HSBC Premier gradually reduced the benefits of that account, so couple with their appalling interest rates, we left them.

I'd been with the old Midland since I was 17.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • Jayp7541
    Jayp7541 Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Ok so it looks like the premier account customer service is not great.

I could go to Greggs for coffee and a biscuit, but if HSBC can give it to me for free, then all the better. - That's what moneysaving is about after all :)
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I've seen something about Virgin money offering similar in London, but haven't looked at any details.
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    bigadaj wrote: »
    I've seen something about Virgin money offering similar in London, but haven't looked at any details.
    There are two lounges in London:
    1. Eagle Place, very near to Piccadilly Circus. Hidden away on the first floor of an office block (One Eagle Place). There is no signposting outside for Virgin Money, so if you didn't know it was there, you wouldn't ever find it. Not near a branch. Visited this lounge once before the Haymarket branch opened. Only open weekdays now. Quite small.
    2. Haymarket. Open every day of the week. Never visited, so can't comment on how easy it is to locate. Open every day of the week, including some weekday evenings.
    I also use the lounge in Edinburgh when visiting and hope to try the Norwich one next time I pass through there.

All the lounges offer tea, coffee (from a machine: latte, cappucino, etc), water, squash and usually biscuits and fruit. Free wi-fi and plenty of charging sockets for laptops and phones.

They feel more homely than a coffee shop as you don't feel obliged to leave after finishing your drink. You are also welcome to charge your devices, which can be very useful when you're away from home (even for just a day trip).

You only need to have a Virgin Money savings account to qualify for lounge usage. These can be opened with a £1 balance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure