how to find list of installed programmes in Windows 10?

in Techie Stuff
21 replies 5K views
ktjktj Forumite
272 Posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
Hi, In previous versions of windows, it was possible to find a list of the installed programmes and them select and open a programme by double clicking on it.

Has anyone discovered how this can be done in windows 10?

The only programme list I can access in windows 10 is the one for deleting a programme.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. kje.

Replies

• AndyPixAndyPix Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Click the start flag and then click "all apps" ??!!
  • ChinoChino Forumite
    2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You could also:
    1. Click on the Start button.
    2. Type "apps".
    3. Click on "Apps & features" in the search results.
  • ktjktj Forumite
    272 Posts
    Hi, I know about the "apps" route, but the progrmme list you get this way doesn't allow you to then click on an individual programme to open it, which is what I was asking about. So if anyone does know how to open programmes from the programme list I would be very grateful to find out how it's done. kje.
  • grumpycrabgrumpycrab Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    ktj wrote: »
    doesn't allow you to then click on an individual programme to open it
    What? Try a single-left click (double-click not needed).
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • ChinoChino Forumite
    2K Posts
    Forumite
    ktj wrote: »
    So if anyone does know how to open programmes from the programme list I would be very grateful to find out how it's done.
    It might help other posters if you explain how AndyPix's suggestion in post #2 doesn't do what you want.
  • ktjktj Forumite
    272 Posts
    Hi Chino (and other posters). Yes Chino you do have a point, sorry not to have explained myself properly.

To clarify, the list of programmes I get when using the "apps route" is incomplete,

I can get a full list of programmes when I go via the control panel, but all you can do from the list I get this way is uninstall programmes, you can not click on them to open them.

So whilst I can open programmes that are on the list accessed by the "apps route" , I can't find a way to open programs that only appear on the list of programmes for uninstalling.

Hopefully this explains things better.

I presume other people on Windows 10 must have had the same problem so I would welcome any suggests on what I might try.

Many thanks for any further helpful advice. kje.
  • grumpycrabgrumpycrab Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    You may hate this idea, but Classic Shell has a "Programs" menu which may show all programs. (Or may be the same as All Apps).
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • AndyPixAndyPix Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    If a program is installed on yourt machine then it will appear when you press start and all apps.

The exception to this is if the program doesnt have a user interface (lots of malware, the adobe updater etc etc).

If you could tell us what program you were expecting to see in the all apps menu that appears in the control panel add remove programs then we may be able to give you a more definitive answer
  • cookie365cookie365 Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Will show you all the installed apps
  • ChinoChino Forumite
    2K Posts
    Forumite
    cookie365 wrote: »
    Will show you all the installed apps
    But does it meet the OP's requirement that you be able to "click on them to open them" (post 7)?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 in bonus points

MSE News

Ask an Expert: Scams

Watch MSE Katie's answers to your questions

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals