:) Thursday 30th June - What Small Debt Free Wannabe things will you do today?

When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important :money:

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Sorry you had a bad night Legomum did you get back to sleep in the end?
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Good morning and thanks for kicking us off today lego mum.

Productive day yesterday and hope for much of the same today

Bring breakie and lunch into work - Done
    Go to the gym - Done
    Go a run a lunch
    Fill up petrol
    Withdraw money for the month ahead
    Check banks and YNAB
    Budget for the month ahead
    Attend YNAB webinar tonight

Have a lovely day.
  • Good Morning Everyone. Well, what's happened to summer then? Hoping it stays dry here this morning so I can get out for a few bits and pieces. Still got a very unhappy teething baby boy. Seems to be getting several in at once. Here's my list for today:

- All meals at home and packed lunch for DH (he took a curried veg and cheese pitta and I'm making spag bol for dinner)
    - Sister over for a cuppa later
    - Pack an ebay sale for posting
    - Check banks and update spreadsheet to reflect variable expenses in July
    - Enjoy my cup of coffee
    - Hang washing on airers
    - Get some work done
    - Make dough for pizza that I will freeze
    - Count my blessings, choose joy and work on my patience

Have a good one :-)
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 30 June 2016 at 8:06AM
    - Count my blessings, choose joy and work on my patience

I should do this too.I just changed my screensaver to "I choose relaxation and joy."
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    Forumite
    MONEY MAKING AND SAVING SITES AS OFTEN MENTIONED IN THIS FORUM:
    • Benefits check-up ( Link )
    • Coupon Shop Forum list of money-off coupons (Link)
    • Cooking On A Bootstrap, cheap recipes ( Link)
    • eBid ( Link )
    • Freecycle ( Link )
    • Free Postcode Lottery ( Link )
    • FreeStuff ( Link )
    • FreeUKStuff ( Link )
    • Income Tax Calculator (Link)
    • i-Say Surveys (Link)
    • List of online newspapers. At bottom of the linked page. ( Link )
    • LuckyPhone free lottery with loyalty rewards (Link)
    • Marriage Tax Allowance (Link)
    • MSE Boost Your Income page. Gateway to lots of money-making links. ( Link )
    • MSE Abbreviations Explained ( Link )
    • MSE Deals and Vouchers ( Link )
    • MSE Wow Offers ( Link )
    • NHS Minor Ailment Service article (Link)
    • My Supermarket ( Link )
    • OnePoll ( Link )
    • Quidco ( Link )
    • Reclaim PPI at no cost to yourself ( Link )
    • Resolver tool. Helps you draft a letter, send it, monitor replies and then escalate it to an Ombudsman or key complaint body if it's not sorted. (Link)
    • SayNoTo0870 cheap phone number finder ( Link )
    • Survey sites that pay for your opinions ( Link )
    • Swagbucks ( Link )
    • Swapit ( Link )
    • Tesco Orchard product testing (Link)
    • Tickety Split cheap train tickets (Link)
    • Toluna ( Link )
    • TopCashBack ( Link )
    • Wombling Guide (Link)
    • You Need A Budget site and App (Link)
    Checked 28 June 2016.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Morning all :hello: thanks for the start legomum hope you get some rest later. Lack of sleep is so brutal.

My list for today:

Working from home so no commute :j
    Check banking, surveys and FPL
    Meals from stores
    Pop to mr w late on tonight after I've been out for any ys joy
    Call to see when my car will be back. On Monday they said the repairs were done it just needs cleaning and it's still not appeared - boo to rip off garages as its an insurance job
    Call bank and ask them if I can overpay my loan and do what end
    Freeze gooseberry that were gifted to me yesterday (already topped and tailed too :j)
    Do some work
    As its dry open lots of Windows to get fresh air in
    Fly lady bathroom
    Washing on cheap tonight - other stuff will be dry by then
    Check my c0upons on sainsburys to see if they need updating
    Sync b0unts

Think that's all, have a good day folks. PF.
  • allydowd
    Forumite
    edited 30 June 2016 at 4:54PM
    Hi June Jubilatants, (What the heck am I gonna say for July?)

Thanks for the starter LegoMum.

I have a day off today and I need to fill it with free joy to override lingering work pressure. That's my mission, thanks PlainAndSimple that has really inspired me.
    If I feel miserable it is because I have chosen to feel that way; and the remedy for me is to choose the opposite.

Debt Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Two:

* Checked online banking. Thank smurf it's payday tomorrow.

* Do RM Surveys. Yup. DW spent £4 of vouchers from this in Iceland today on junk food treats.

* Pick more spinach from the garden. There's loads, had to freeze some more.

* Check payslip online when it pops up later. Printed all my recent payslips at work for free yesterday. Looks like I'm going to be paid twice!

* Clean the house (quickly) with Stardrops and washable cloths. Done, but it took me an hour and a half. I had forgotten poor, dented DW hadn't been able to do any this week because of her tumble.

* Take library books back. They're late. Not sure how that happened, nor why the library hasn't emailed me to let me know. Still the £3 fine will be cheaper than the cost of buying the four travel guides we borrowed for our holiday would have been to buy. Hmm, they wanted £4.80. Wouldn've been nice if they'd made it public that the fines have increased and the duration of loans has decreased.

* Go grocery shopping with DW. Seek and destroy bargains. Found a cheap quiche which we are currently noshing.

* DW got eye drops free from the chemist under the Minor Ailments Scheme.

* Framed a few postcards in a charity shop frame and put them on the stairs.

* Put the shower curtain in the washing machine. The minerals in our tap water cause a pink discolouration but we can get it out with biological washing powder. The shower curtain always comes out wrinkled but this drops out in a few days once it's hanging up. I used to regard shower curtains as disposable, to my shame. :eek: I'd buy one a month. :(

* Unsubscribed from a tonne of rubbish emails.

* Uninstalled AVG virus scanner and reinstalled Avast. I alternate between the two. Both free.

Freebies:

Free Berocca sample (Link)

Free Lifebook from AgeUK. Please only order this if you are 60+. This freebie is coming from a charity. Or make your own! (Link)

Free puppy pack. (Link)

How about you folks?

• allydowd
    Forumite
    lego_mum wrote: »
    Need to see how the planks dry to see if they can be saved. arrgggghhhh

If you think any of the boards are going to swell the edges might fan out. Get them up and put clothes pegs or bulldog clips on them to stop them changing shape as they dry.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    lego_mum wrote: »
    Thanks Bob, yes I went back up to bed around 2am, still took a while to get off so am shattered now :( Dh had news night on just as we went to bed and I think it just got my head racing :(

Hope you and yours are doing ok? Any movement with your business plans?

Sorry to hear about the water going everywhere sounds stressful!!

Yes actually, I have been looking into everything & have made a big decision. The rent on my shop is so reasonable & I get so many enquiries for use of the space that I am going to do that as a business instead. My fixed overheads are around £1,000 a month & anything else I bring in is then salary. I had one enquiry this week for 2 days filming that was offering 3k for 2 days....that hasnt materialised but I am hopeful with the number of businesses around needing to rent space. I should come out ahead (hopefully) so I need to get weaving on rebranding and marketing the space....
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • allydowd
    Forumite
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Yes actually, I have been looking into everything & have made a big decision. The rent on my shop is so reasonable & I get so many enquiries for use of the space that I am going to do that as a business instead.

That sounds like a great idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure