is a ESA "reassessment" "basically" the same opportunity as "submitting a change in..

edited 29 June 2016 at 2:27AM in Benefits & Tax Credits
1 reply 915 views
Bananas123Bananas123 Forumite
311 Posts
edited 29 June 2016 at 2:27AM in Benefits & Tax Credits
hello,

please can anybody help with my retrospective question:

> i sent off a WCQ (ESA50 (?)); i understand they will make a desicion, that may or may not correlate with my current circumstance (WRAG) etc;

> when you report a "change in circumstance" (i.e. worsening of condition) (which i basically have done via esa50...)

> do you get your case seen to alot more quickly ? vs. detailing this information in a ESA50, in the re-assessment process ?.

i.e > was i stupid; for expediency of desicion from them ?

EtA:

or does "reporting a change in circumstance" not have effect on ressessment timeframes etc ?

(can a submit of "reporting a change in circumstance" push the re-assessment back or can they reccommend a further 2 years from ruling date ? or no ?).

thanks /regards

Replies

• HB58HB58 Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    You should expect a 'change of circumstances' to trigger the start of the reassessment process. This will, most likely, include a new ESA50 and possibly a face2face assessment.

Every reassessment should be treated in the same way as the original claim with the ESa50 being completed in detail and supporting evidence also submitted.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals