Xbox live

Options
Is there any way to put a monthly spending cap or something similar on xbox live?

I've read about preventing unauthorised charges by kids but that's not really what m looking for as it's more a problem of since its on plastic you don't really notice how much your spending is mounting up.

Comments

• London50
    London50 Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Two choices, either use a bit of self control or go ballistic for a month,get your cc bill up to a couple of thousand as chances are the shock will cause you to cut up any cards you have and learn the hard way.
  • GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 11,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    easy, just don't have a payment method (paypal, CCard, etc) saved to the xbox live account. I never have for our two kids, and only ever enter payment details if/when you buy something, then remove them once purchased.

Having payment details saved in xbox live is the same as having them stored on a google play account on a phone, too easy to buy stuff with no checks and balances on each purchase....just don't do it :)
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • Johnmcl7
    Johnmcl7 Posts: 2,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I would use prepay cards and add credit to your account, it's easy to do these days (and potentially cheaper) and then you can easily control what you're spending on your account. I use my Xbox account this way so that if someone got a hold of the account, the worst they could do would be to drain a small amount of credit rather than be able to use my credit card.

John
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You can buy the Xbox currency online or in the shops, these are your best option, once its gone its gone.

There's no way to put a spending cap in place.

If you have a paypal or a debit card linked to the Xbox Live account implement the PIN secure option.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure