PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thread for Sunday 26th June 2016

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.
Chin up, Titus out.

Comments

• Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Belated birthday wishes to Meanmarie
    Glad to hear Gers & NMLC are on the mend.
    How scary Hilstep, hope you can arrange oxygen at home.
    JackieO, well said, I'm horrified by the nastiness and venom this has caused.
    Tru I hope Scampi's nose improves soon.
    RR, well done on the promotion.
    Coxy, I agree about the markets and currencies.
    Elaine, thanks but no I was on the go from just after 5 until bedtime last night.

You'd think after providing 26 hours of child care for a varying amount of children I'd sleep in this morning, but no, I've been up since 4:30.
    There is washing on the line, the dishwasher has finished and been unloaded and hubby has a cuppa, I'm on my 2nd.

I'm hoping for a child free day today, but who knows. I need to catch up with all the things I didn't get done yesterday, I need to pack some boxes and finish dressing another room upstairs.

We have roast lamb for lunch which I'm looking forward to and after that hopefully I can put my feet up with a new book I bought called Sin & Syntax, all about grammar rules.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good Morning everyone , I was wide awake this morning at around 5 for some reason.looking out of the window there was a gorgeous sunrise which has now changed into a grey grotty looking sky so possibly more rain ahead perhaps.

I watched the Portugal match last night and was cheering for DD's boss who is portuguese as he is such a nice chap and I know how excited he would be I texted him at the end when they scored and he was absolutely so chuffed by the win. Not at all like me to watch much in the way of the football.I was struck at how friendly the supporters seemed to be to each other no matter what, which was so nice to see.

Tomorrow it will be the England match lets hope they are as friendly. My beloved tennis starts tomorrow as well so I will be tucked up with my knitting and the TV watching it :):)

Menus to sort out this morning for the coming week and some veg prepping as well. I always peel my spuds on a Sunday morning and put in water in the fridge ,saves lots of work during the week.

All my washing and ironing was done,dusted and put away yesterday, not shopping to get this week as I have enough in the cupboards to keep me going.

Thank you Coxy11 for your kind donation to the fund, Tess and I will do our best,only two more weeks to go, so lots of walking to do daily to get ready :):):) Its my son-in-laws 50th birthday party the following day so at least I can put my feet up afterwards

Hope everyone has a good day and is able to relax after all the excitement of the past few days
    Cheers chums, off to have some much needed coffee

JackieO xx
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Glad you survived yesterday HH. Your book's title sounds quite naughty!

We had epic rain last night, particularly funny when next door were in the middle of their BBQ, poor guy was stood over the fire with a huge brolly!

Got everything I went for in town yesterday and went for lunch at the blue and yellow shed on the way home.

White wash in at the moment, it may have to dry inside although the sun is shining at the moment. DW emptied and the living room has been dusted. Bathrooms to start in a bit.

Picking friends up from the airport later this morning then DD is coming over for a suitcase, I'll feed her and take her back later.

Hope you all have a good Sunday. Take care. XX
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,031 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

After the lovely sunny day yesterday took is forecast to be wet and windy. I've had a long sleep which is unusual, mind you I watched a lot of NCIS episodes in bed.

I cut the lawn and did two loads of washing yesterday, rearranged the wardrobes drawers and have now got another pile of unwanted 'stuff' to go out.

I'll do a chicken stir fry later and make a pot of bolognaise meat sauce.

Hope all's well with everyone - Happy Sunday.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Options
    Morning, have been up for several hours and so far all I have done is pool about on the Internet, hang out washing and clean the bath.

I'm not planning anything much today, I'll be making spare ribs plus a stir fry later.

Hope you all have a happy dsy
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    edited 26 June 2016 at 8:29AM
    Options
    Morning everyone

HH - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need them x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Now bright and sunny, but when I woke in the early hours it was raining quite heavily, but that's all drying up underfoot now, but forecast is sunshine and showers.

DH and boys all having a live in. I needed meds, so got up and am enjoying a peaceful cuppa.

Meals yesterday were a late lunch of full english, then DH and I had an informal caravan event to go to for a couple of hours, which was lovely and just long enough for me. Supper was some ham, cheese, crackers, etc. Lunch today will be roast pork, roasties, mash, carrots, broccoli, kale, peas, yorkshires and gravy.

Spent some time yesterday watching cookery programmes on the tv, I've really lost my mojo in the kitchen especially this last week, my appetite is slowly coming back but I'm going to have to be patient I think! I'm going back to work on Tuesday and am hoping that's the right decision, but I've only got Tuesday and Wednesday then I'm off for 2 weeks leave.

I have some eating apples that DS1 isn't eating because some have a bruise on them, I'll peel them and make a crumble with them, that can be dessert for today's lunch or can be for another day. I'll be prepping the lunch later, once that's done and meat is roasting, I'll organise pack ups too, then I'll have a chilled day. I still have the pile of ironing which I need to tackle - I'm intending I'll do that tomorrow, I'll take it steady and if I have to do it in 2 batches then I will. Dirty wash basket is pretty much empty, as I've been able to get a load line dried between the rain showers. House is a pit though, we do need to get the hoover rang round at least.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

It's starting to brighten up here, fingers crossed we will get some warm, sunny weather, we managed to dodge the worst of the thunderstorms yesterday but there has been flash floods in the nearby villages :(

I don't want to jinx things but it looks like have found Billy a retirement home :j it's somewhere he can be out all day & night so will be great for his arthritis and he will have the company of two mares, also retired, so a built in harem :) am going to have a look later in the week but fingers crossed it works out. Have also been chatting to another one of the livery owners and she has offered me a share in one of her horses as she has two. Basically I will be able to ride him 2/3 times a week which will be perfect in my situation. He is a coloured cob, slightly smaller than Bill at 14.3 but is a real poppet character wise so am very excited as you can imagine. It seems to be all falling into place and will be such a weight off my mind to know that Bill can be settled where he is better off.

Don't intend to do much today, both the dogs need a good brush as moulting like mad and I want to clip Tilly's paws back. Other than that it's bacon sarnies and the Archers omnibus, my favourite kind of Sunday morning.

HH your energy amazes me, enjoy your book, you certainly deserve it x

Have a good day everyone, take care folks x
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Dull here but will hopefully brighten up later on, I have stripped the bed which is in the wm atm I hope to hang it out today.

DD still in her bed, she is shattered so letting her sleep she was taken on three days a week at her placement and now seems to be the only one there, one person has left and another went into labour early last week, so dd is there on her own, she has 20 young people on her case load, which equates to 40 hours per week on them alone ! she only works 22.5 hours per week, I have told her to ask for a pay rise, she only intends to stay till November anyway as otherwise they would expect her to work all over Xmas and then be on call Xmas day ! she will start looking for a permanent job after Xmas.

OH can be in charge of cooking today, we have some chicken breasts out and some wedges left from yesterday so he can do something with them.

Need to do the online shop for next week and have a quick tidy round.

Have good days all xx
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

It's dry and bright here this morning. We had the grandchildren stay here last night so we are all bleary eyed as they get up very early. I've already been back to bed for a quick nap so I can cope with the rest of the day.

Hubby has baked a gammon and is now constructing a lovely salad to go with it for lunch. I am keeping out of the way and distracting the children as much as possible as it's a bit early for lunch :rotfl::rotfl:.

The house is looking a bit worse for wear so as soon as the grandkids go home we will be having a clean up. The girls will be delighted I'm sure but I keep pointing out we all live here and make a mess so it's only fair we all get to tidy it up. They usually pick a room and get cleaning it. The living room is the most popular to clean so I make sure they all take turns so it's fair.

I haven't had breakfast yet so I will go and have a look in the kitchen to see what is left after the hordes have decimated it :D. I hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning, ((((((((((Hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

The electric tripped again last night, I finally realsied it is the econ 7 clock on the hot water tank, its the only thing that comes on during the night. I did a test and sure enough when I flipped the water heater switch up it tripped again. So electrician again tomorrow, will ring the council first thing. It was supposed to be sunny which would have topped the hot water up from the solar panels. Its very dull and quite breezy.

We laid in longer than we usually do this morning, but nothing spoiling OH is on his jigsaw and I want to work out what our holiday next year is going to cost us.

I have half a leg of lamb to cook for supper tonight, Jersey Royals, green beans and cauliflower. We have bananas so guess whats for dessert. Might do a banana split, not had one for ages.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure