We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Money Moral Dilemma: Is it OK to ask for my champers back?

Options
1235»

Comments

• jondunn
    jondunn Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    If I was the friend I'd be horrified to have accidentally been given a £1000 bottle of champagne and would want you to have it back. Friends don't take advantage of friends.
  • fierystormcloud
    fierystormcloud Posts: 1,588 Forumite
    Options
    jondunn wrote: »
    If I was the friend I'd be horrified to have accidentally been given a £1000 bottle of champagne and would want you to have it back. Friends don't take advantage of friends.

How on EARTH have the friends taken advantage of the OP? They GAVE them the champers!

The people they gave the champers too are under NO obligation to give it back.
    cooeeeeeeeee :j :wave:
  • redpete
    redpete Posts: 4,697 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ridiculous premise for a dilemma. Have you got the summer interns in?
    loose does not rhyme with choose but lose does and is the word you meant to write.
  • Former_MSE_Nick
    Former_MSE_Nick Posts: 463 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 5 July 2016 at 3:42PM
    Options
    Hi all,

Unfortunately neither myself nor the MSE team can answer most questions as our money moral dilemmas are submitted externally. We too would be interested in knowing the year and house of such an exotic and coveted Champagne, but the dilemmas are usually emailed in or suggested in person and we prefer they be enjoyed at face value rather than quiz the contributor with further curiosities.

I can assure you all our dilemmas have genuinely been posed to the MSE team and we purely submit them to our wider audience for the simple value of discussion and debate among our keen audience of savvy and seasoned MoneySavers.

Nick
  • tastyfish
    tastyfish Posts: 79 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If people are just having a moan about whether or not these are real dilemmas, who cares? If you have no response, don't put one on here. What do you actually gain..? :undecided

Anyway, ask for it back. Let us know what happened. Useful to know.
    :D
  • oystercatcher
    oystercatcher Posts: 2,331 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If someone gave us a bottle of champagne it would probably be donated to a raffle at the first opportunity ! Lucky person winning if it was really worth a grand !
    Decluttering, 20 mins / day Jan 2024 2/2 
  • Sooler
    Sooler Posts: 3,109 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    TeamPlum wrote: »
    What a silly quandary.

Have the writers run out of ideas?

The whole site is running out of puff.
  • Ebenezer_Screwj
    Options
    You can try, but I wouldn't mention its present value! Incidentally, why did you keep it for so long after you picked it up on your travels? Give your friends some old guff about you making a big mistake bringing it and you need it back for sentimental reasons because a dear dear friend, who is no longer with us was devoted to the stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport