No assessment for PIP?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
9 replies 2.3K views
gingerbread_catgingerbread_cat Forumite
19 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
Hi guys,
I'm doing the transfer from DLA to PIP. I filled the form in and sent it back 10 days ago. Ive had a text saying they have all the info they need and are making a decision. So no assessment, presumably? Does that mean an automatic 'no'? I thought everyone had to have an assessment.

Replies

• edited 22 June 2016 at 11:46AM
    tomtontomtomtontom
    7.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 22 June 2016 at 11:46AM
    Assessments are more common, but don't always happen. Given that you're transferring from DLA they may have looked at past evidence also, so they have enough to make a decision. I wouldn't assume anything until you hear from them, but it seems more likely that you have been granted an award than not.

Sorry, I've just seen your other post where you don't think you'll get any award. Has your condition improved since your last award?
  • Yes it has, I'm more stable on meds now. The DLA was awarded when I'd just been sectioned so a definite improvement! I only got low rate care even then so don't hold out much hope.

My DLA runs out in September but I was hoping to get it until then because I'd budgeted for the disabled working tax credits until then. To lose both is going to be a big drop. I work term-time only so really need it over the summer and had worked out I could get by until September.
  • Hello,I recently transferred over from DLA to PIP as my MS had got worse,I filled in the pack and included a care plan from my social worker and a letter from my ms nurse.I made a few phone calls and was awarded the higher rate for both mobility and the daily living.i did not attend an assessment but think that the supporting info I sent made all the difference.
    Good luck with your application.
  • samanthagsamanthag Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,I recently transferred over from DLA to PIP as my MS had got worse,I filled in the pack and included a care plan from my social worker and a letter from my ms nurse.I made a few phone calls and was awarded the higher rate for both mobility and the daily living.i did not attend an assessment but think that the supporting info I sent made all the difference.

was yours sent to capita or not ?
    I was just wandering as y sons has been sent to capita
    thanks
    gave up smoking 07/01/09 :j:j:j
  • Hello,I recently transferred over from DLA to PIP as my MS had got worse,I filled in the pack and included a care plan from my social worker and a letter from my ms nurse.I made a few phone calls and was awarded the higher rate for both mobility and the daily living.i did not attend an assessment but think that the supporting info I sent made all the difference.

Thankyou!
    I included a care plan and a repeat prescription so maybe that was enough...I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
    Thanks again
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it has, I'm more stable on meds now. The DLA was awarded when I'd just been sectioned so a definite improvement! I only got low rate care even then so don't hold out much hope.

My DLA runs out in September but I was hoping to get it until then because I'd budgeted for the disabled working tax credits until then. To lose both is going to be a big drop. I work term-time only so really need it over the summer and had worked out I could get by until September.
    I'm in a siliar position (relying on the PIP and tax credits as can only work part time cos of my bipolar), thiugh my condition has worsened recently. However i did have a medical. My understanding is if they they needed more info, and couldnt make a decision theyd ask you for a medical. To not ask ou for one more suggests to me you've provided enough info (and hopefully that will be positive-if i thought they were going to reject you i'd imagine theyd have sent you for a medical-this is just y opinio though)
  • pipkin71pipkin71 Forumite
    21.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tomtontom wrote: »
    Sorry, I've just seen your other post where you don't think you'll get any award. Has your condition improved since your last award?
    Yes it has, I'm more stable on meds now. The DLA was awarded when I'd just been sectioned so a definite improvement! I only got low rate care even then so don't hold out much hope.

Excellent news that your condition has improved. Perhaps it's just me but should you not have informed DLA of the improved condition though rather than wanting to claim until the award runs out?
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • pipkin71 wrote: »
    Excellent news that your condition has improved. Perhaps it's just me but should you not have informed DLA of the improved condition though rather than wanting to claim until the award runs out?

I'm still under the psych, see the care team weekly, the CPN monthly, and take a whole load of medication with the most horrendous side effects. So stable for me just means not psychotic, So no, I don't.
  • Hello,my application was sent to Atos.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals