AliExpress users - what's been your best purchase?

Options
124»

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MSE_Jenny wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Thanks for all your stories. We've written a guide to Buying from AliExpress and included a few of your experiences. Any suggestions much appreciated!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/buy-from-china-aliexpress

Well, I am turned off from it after the first sentence "from sneakers to..." this is a UK site is it not?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,208 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well, I am turned off from it after the first sentence "from sneakers to..." this is a UK site is it not?

I agree, please lose the term 'sneakers' it gives the impression the article is lifted from a US site.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • MSE_Jenny
    MSE_Jenny Posts: 1,312 MSE Staff
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you, you're right - I'm changing it to sandals. My desire to alliterate got the better of me!
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 10 August 2016 at 10:02AM
    Options
    Does anyone know what time of day the currency conversion takes place on banggood and aliexpress? I mean with the volatility of the pound to the US dollar on banggood. Not sure if Aliexpress also trades in the US Dollar.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,023 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone know what time of day the currency conversion takes place on banggood and aliexpress? I mean with the volatility of the pound to the US dollar on banggood. Not sure if Aliexpress also trades in the US Dollar.
    No idea on the first part of the question. There's usually changes in the early morning when the far east markets open.
    Despite big drops shortly after the referendum the pound hasn't been that volatile against the dollar, it's been floating around £1.30 against the US dollar for the last few weeks. My advice, such as it is, would be to work on £1.25 then you're relatively safe unless something disastrous happens.
    I've been following it more as I've just been in the US for a few weeks, I don't begin to comprehend currency markets, I'd rather bet on horses.
  • ballisticbrian
    Options
    Despite big drops shortly after the referendum the pound hasn't been that volatile against the dollar, it's been floating around £1.30 against the US dollar for the last few weeks. My advice, such as it is, would be to work on £1.25 then you're relatively safe unless something disastrous happens.
    What I mean is, this morning my item is 2 pence more expensive, so if I buy say 1000 off them, I'm 20 quid down on yesterday.

Did find a 10% off your order voucher for sharing on facebook though.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • robbyfine
    robbyfine Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    I've recently ordered a cute pair of shoes from AliExpress. I'm 100% pleased with the quality and the price. Moreover, I got a good discount via http://alcoupon.info/ service.
  • ard123en
    ard123en Posts: 265 Forumite
    Options
    Loads of stuff mainly for electronics projects.
    Adrino Unos and esp8266 and sensors
    Never had a problem just need to wait a bit longer
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Options
    I can't fault the Aliexpress dispute system generally but it seems really on the ball at the moment.

I ordered a laser projector from China which was demonstrated in pictures as showing Christmas images and the text stated 'Christmas'

Arrived OK but they obviously sent the wrong model as the images had nothing to do with Christmas like shown, more Halloween!

A couple of messages with seller not really getting anywhere so last night I opened a dispute and uploaded a short phone video of the package and the projectors images.

Woke up this morning to find Aliexpress resolution team judgement in my favour and I will get a full refund, without having to return anything.

It can take a bit of effort to prepare evidence but I have rarely lost an Aliexpress dispute. Sellers seem to be shipping stuff out really quickly at the moment but its really too late for Christmas now so will have to source locally.

A few more successful buys (according to wife)

Seamless bra

Good office dress, a medium fitted a UK 10 good.

Girls/ladies sharkskin style competition swimsuit, really pleased with this, NOT a copy but styling cues from a well known brand. Too tight for training but great for galas, quality great.
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure