Gift ideas

Options
Our neighbors who we have known 15 year are moving away with their daughters 12 and 10. Daughters are good friends of our daughter who is also 12.

I would like to get a gift for them. They still have family in the area and will visit regularly but it won't be the same. Over the years they have welcomed our daughter into their family inviting her to family parties and taking her out with them etc.

I was thinking a nomination bracelet each but not sure if they would wear them.

Anyhow would be great for any advice or ideas, thank you.

Comments

• arbrighton
    arbrighton Posts: 2,011 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Would it not be a good idea to let your daughter decide for her friends?

Those are relatively expensive pieces of jewellery if they might not be worn.

Have you or your daughter got photos of the girls together? A framed picture/ collage/ scrap book of good times together might be more meaningful
  • meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    Options
    ^^^ This - if you have pictures of them with your daughter or in their house or yours, it would be nice to get one of those big frames you can put lots of pics in. Jewellery is a very personal choice - but photos of happy memories suit everyone.
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,174 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How much do you want to spend? Nomination bracelets seem to be the 'in thing' at the minute. My DD had one for her 13th birthday and loads of her peer group have them. I got an offer which was the bracelet for free if I bought 2 charms before Valentines day, so I got DD's present early, I know her friends who have been bought them since, haven't got as good a deal.

I do like that you can buy charms to represent the occasion, DD is having all hers drama related and representative of the parts she plays and that the bracelet grows with you, by adding the links unlike the charm bracelet I was bought as a child, which is useless to me as an adult as it doesn't fit my wrists.
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    +1 for the photo collage idea here, I did one for my daughter for a birthday, it wasn't expensive and she loves it (even if it doesn't get displayed, its a lovely reminder of your neighbours' time with your daughter).

I'd do 2, and give one to the girls, and one to your daughter.
  • Threebabes
    Threebabes Posts: 1,271 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We are going to make a scrap book.

Thanks for comments.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income