Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Just been to sainsburgs, and when I went to get a 4 pack of carling (had won one a few weeks ago) there on the shelf, was one with the code on. So much for stock rotation.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    :( We lost one of our lovely girls today :cry:

I'm sorry to hear this, is she the one who was unwell last week and at home with you.

Hugs to ease your pain xx
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :o:o:o

Confession ~

I paid full price for Ts Coconut Oil loo rolls

shuffles away

but it is lovely & smelly :D
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• altojack
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »

Confession ~

shuffles away

I'd pay full price too just to try them, shhhhhhhhhh :cool:

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

• Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »

Confession ~

shuffles away

Hand in your badge :eek:

Mind you, didn't even know they did them, don't have more than a cursory glance at loo rolls down there just to check there is nothing cheap.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • altojack
    Options
    So I'm at the lottie, watching Mr AJ spreading his leaves and digging them in :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: It's still windy here :eek: :rotfl:

I said I'd go with him but I'd take iPad and sit and watch him. I wonder if the pub next door know I can connect to their wifi from here :T

The wind had dropped, that's why I came out again but it's cold now and blustery. Loads of leaves flying around :cool:

• pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 March 2017 at 3:09PM
    Options
    Tinasmummy wrote: »
    yes very true, it turned out to be a huge fibroid 7lbs in weight but I had other problems including a hemaglobin level of 3 when it should have been 14 so I was very poorly. I had to have a hysterectomy and was off work ill for nearly a year. Being so ill the weight just dropped off so I didn't have to diet as such. I was in hospital for weeks and hospital food is awful so that alone helped with the weight loss lol!!

)
    TS2, it has taken me a while to reply because I was in a very similar situation to you. After 10 days in hospital I was 2 stone lighter and had a colostomy and consultant was showing me photos of 2 people lifting the 'cyst' out of my stomach:eek:6 months later though the colostomy was reversed:T
    In the mean time I discovered (11+) Elite. Driving for the first time since op I stopped in a T's car park thinking they can't really get posh boxes of chocs for a 1p, then Martin came on the radio talking about it so in I went and bought 3!
    The rest, as they say is history, I now follow the elite thread avidly, have a hernia following the various 'repair' ops, put the 2 stone back on, am cancer clear and have retired.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    altojack wrote: »
    So I'm at the lottie, watching Mr AJ spreading his leaves and digging them in :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: It's still windy here :eek: :rotfl:

I said I'd go with him but I'd take iPad and sit and watch him. I wonder if the pub next door know I can connect to their wifi from here :T

The wind had dropped, that's why I came out again but it's cold now and blustery. Loads of leaves flying around :cool:

Dont get cold , its very windy here too
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pippo wrote: »
    TS2, it has taken me a while to reply because I was in a very similar situation to you. After 10 days in hospital I was 2 stone lighter and had a colostomy and consultant was showing me photos of 2 people lifting the 'cyst' out of my stomach:eek:6 months later though the colostomy was reversed:T
    In the mean time I discovered (11+) Elit. Driving for the first time since op I stopped in a T's car park thinking they can't really get posh boxes of chocs for a quid, then Martin came on the radio talking about it so in I went and bought 3!
    The rest, as they say is history, I now follow the elite thread avidly, have a hernia following the various 'repair' ops, put the 2 stone back on, am cancer clear and have retired.

Oh pip you have been through the mill too:( glad you are better now:T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Of to catch up now.
    Had a productive couple of days.
    Was meeting 'the girls' ( a bit of a new thing and a couple of new friends) said we'd take nibbles and watch the rugby yesterday. I was 'chips and dips' and managed dips RTC at Mr T's and saved about £3. Same group also bought the OS shower gels of me - small profit of £2.75.
    I've bagged up a mountain of clothes for 'cash' and charity shop
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport