Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• hampydoodums
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Hampy, i meant to reply about your boarding details and that, that is terrible, hope you get a satisfactory reply x
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    That is shocking hampy.....it's disturbing to think others might have your details:o

Thank you both :). Well, I'm going to have to forget about it as it's only 2 days before we're home and don't want to dwell on it. DH said to let it go, I can't help it, it's really annoyed me :mad:
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    No seriously Emerald, email

You emailed the woman herself ? I d like to do more than email a few of them lol
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Options
    Nellie35 wrote: »
    Hi em, just the 5 single tickets left, I think it's the 26th they expire isn't it? DD1 is off tomorrow so she is going to look if there is anything she would like to see. Yes I thought that A Street Cat named Bob looked good, also Fantastic Beasts & Arrival. Not heard about the pilot one but I do remember the emergency landing at the time:(

The 25th I think, but you'll be able to use the tickets on the 25th to book a date in the future

I'm hoping they release Star Wars tickets early enough that I can book that
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Options
    Total fob off from tour operator, have made an official complaint - to see if there is another more secure way of letting customers know their departure transfer information. Apparently it's ok for other guests to know your full name and seat number on the plane. That they can see your boarding passes (reply from tour operator said people would need a passport to use the boarding pass). I realise this but still unhappy that other guests can see full name. No bank details or home address can be seen. Am I being over the top :o

A little bit

Nothing you've described would have bothered me in the slightest
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • hampydoodums
    Options
    tweets, glad your mum is home :)
  • hampydoodums
    Options
    aau1 wrote: »
    A little bit

Nothing you've described would have bothered me in the slightest

Ok, maybe I'm just being me - making too much of it :o:rotfl:
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    aau1 wrote: »
    The 25th I think, but you'll be able to use the tickets on the 25th to book a date in the future

I'm hoping they release Star Wars tickets early enough that I can book that

I didn't know that lol. But I'm not that bothered as the other two didn't t go to waste. I'm not really a big fan of the cinema unless it's free sometimes lol. Plus this Cineworld is a few miles away whereas we have an odeon within walking distance haven t we Nellie.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    You emailed the woman herself ? I d like to do more than email a few of them lol
    No i emailed customer services :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • cloz
    cloz Posts: 308 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Evening all,
    Used the last of my Dettol cinema vouchers to take the family to see Fantastic Beasts this afternoon, great film. Children thought it was great too! Took sweets and drinks in a bag so a very MSE afternoon :)
    Chocolate always makes me feel better!
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    I had a reply from House of Fraser.....They were quick.....It is as follows....

Dear Marmie,

Thanks for your email regarding the gift card you had. I'm sorry to hear it expired before you could use it.

As the gift card has already expired I cannot request another or re-add the £20 back on to it. The 2 years has passed since it was issued and regrettably we cannot do anything more regarding this as it did have 2 years to be used.

I can understand your frustration with this however we cannot issue you with another gift card.

Kind regards

Stuart Glendinning
    Customer Service.

My reply

Dear Stuart(Customer services)

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to refer you to the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.

These regulations aim to prevent an imbalance in the relationship between the retailer and the consumer.

An expiry date on a voucher creates an imbalance in this relationship and causes significant detriment to the shopper.

Further, Peter McCarthy, legal officer at Which? says the contract with the consumer for such a sale would be undermined if the retailer failed to spell out the expiry rules at the point of sale, which is the case here.

He goes on to say that a retailer must tell the customer conditions apply to the vouchers and be prepared to answer questions about them. “It is not good enough to simply include terms and conditions in the small print with the voucher”.

I ask you to look again at your decision.

Signed

Marmie

It's worth a go...
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure