Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• Nannylala
    Nannylala Posts: 6,791 Forumite
    Options
    Not good news for M&S ...am hoping they are not heading for the same road as BHS:eek::eek:
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can anyone help with a problem:

I bought this dress for my holiday, didnt get to wear it but I have washed it as it was in my case with all my dirty washing.

The inside of the dress is white and it now has little white flecks all over the black dress, how can I get them off:- :mad::mad:

http://www.dorothyperkins.com/en/dpuk/product/black-spot-lace-insert-dress-5786920
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Nannylala wrote: »
    Not good news for M&S ...am hoping they are not heading for the same road as BHS:eek::eek:

Hope not nanny, but with BHS I was thinking it was going down for a long time, with all the 20% off weekends etc, and they had not moved with the times, and our local one never seemed particularly busy. The M&S near us is always very busy, and this year the clothes seem quite nice, if a little muted.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • purpledonkey
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Morning all
    I will try sauces in 10 mins

Steady on :rotfl:
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
  • wendyak
    wendyak Posts: 2,654 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good morning 0.5c here brrrrrrr.
    It's finally here the day of the20week scan :j:j:j
    They have decided to find out what they are having so I will be able to start knitting colours instead of white.
    Have a good day everyone :D
    Morning, just read this and hallelujah....a change from this weird fashion of not asking.
    Hope you are all warm and well- I am at the hard done by stage at present so less weeeping is goood, might even try to go out in a few days ! Have a great glitchy day and keep posting for the likes of me that love to follow your adventures even though no mojo xxxxx
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    Can anyone help with a problem:

I bought this dress for my holiday, didnt get to wear it but I have washed it as it was in my case with all my dirty washing.

The inside of the dress is white and it now has little white flecks all over the black dress, how can I get them off:- :mad::mad:

http://www.dorothyperkins.com/en/dpuk/product/black-spot-lace-insert-dress-5786920

Looks like the best way might be one of those lint rollers you can get.

And if you followed the washing instructions I would say a brisk complaint to Dorothy Perkins might be in order too. :mad:
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • purpledonkey
    Options
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    Brrrr, morning all :)
    Want to swap a Moleskine for an M&S vest PD?

No need for that, not looking for anything in return! I've swapped my shift on the Tuesday as well so I can bake...

... and in no way is it related to more Harry Potter and the Cursed Child tickets being released. :whistle:
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Looks like the best way might be one of those lint rollers you can get.

And if you followed the washing instructions I would say a brisk complaint to Dorothy Perkins might be in order too. :mad:

Thanks I have bought one of those and was going to try it. I will send an email off to them.
  • pk04
    pk04 Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all, 're the mullers, if I buy 12 assorted (that Sainsbury sell) are they going to compare 68p - 50p each one after only paying £3 in store? My sister has recently joined SW , she didn't bother with the last glitch but would like to stock up now, can someone please do the suns for this one. Thanks.x

I'm not completely sure how the apg works so I don't know which price it will pick up (no idea when the price increased because they were 55p each individually yesterday) so I've done both sums for you *fingers crossed for 68p*

If 55p - £1.20 apg, cost = £1.80 or 15p each

If 68p - £2.76 apg, cost = 24p or 2p each

hth

ps they are 6 for £3 in T as well if you want to compare to there
    There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne ... Bette Davis
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Nannylala wrote: »

I went to the enormous one at Cheshire Oaks, it was too much for me, way too difficult to find particular items as just about every single item they sell is in there, so you have to work hard to locate something.

In the end I just asked and got taken to the item.

I was successful for 2 out of 3 items. But the socks I wanted were OOS even in that monster emporium. :rotfl:
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure