Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    I think I will pass - their timezones are way behind ours so it will be around 4am here on Wednesday at least before we know the outcome, possibly later if it is particularly close as they will have re-counts and appeals :).

Anon

If Trump loses he will almost certainly make everyone recount and bring a legal appeal :eek:
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • hampydoodums
    hampydoodums Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Half of mine have competitions on elaine do check them out before you stash them. surely one of us must be a winner:)
    Haven't had time to check it out yet

Morning luvlies

So far just checked the mixed fruit and they all have the same code :o
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    PTAs, Churches and community groups will be looking for alcohol for their adult tombolas - if you have enough already or are just feeling charitable it is therefore worth getting the free C4rling, if you can find code packs, to pad out the stall prizes :A.

It can also be a way of clearing any close to date cans (not out of date, obviously, that would be mean!). I must have hit the poor stock rotation store last night as my packs have Jan 2017 dates :(. I would suggest removing the film though as split packaging with a removed code may give the wrong impression, even where donating :D

Anon
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good Morning all off to the gym later Yippeeeeeeee:o
  • pk04
    pk04 Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    izzeyb wrote: »
    Morning :)

Mullers 55p each - 12 for £3.00 offer looks to be ending today.

https://groceries.asda.com/promotion/12-for-300/ls87695

Probably too expensive for most of us :D

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle/661232_1872698.html

Along with Heinz Singles 5 for £3.00 – £1.00/95p each.

https://groceries.asda.com/promotion/5-for-300/ls87735

The Beans + Sausages/Macaroni Cheese/Spag Bol & Ravioli should compare to Morries 5 for £3.00 offer - £5.00 v £3.00.

The BBQ beans only should compare to Tesco 5 for £3.00 offer - £4.75 v £3.00.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle/776320_1895115.html

And Lloyd Sauces 2 for £3.00. LOTS on offer at £1.00 in Sainsbobs :j

https://groceries.asda.com/promotion/2-for-pound350/ls87692

Best comparisons the White and Tomato Lasagne Sauces - £3.96 v £2.00 at Sainsbobs.

The Bolognese and the Flavoured Pasta Sauces - £3.38 v £2.00 at Sainsbobs.

Best of the Curry Sauce comparisons are the ones priced at £2.08 - £4.16 v £3.00 v Waitrose.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle/661179_1872694.html

Will depend if price drops later (unlikely to be SELs showing offer), so check what price scans through the till.

If you do buy the mullers remember to avoid the golden digestive ones as they don't show on the apg :)

Thanks for the crisps yesterday, plus all the testers. I managed to get a couple of shops in
    There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne ... Bette Davis
  • bcw123
    bcw123 Posts: 980 Forumite
    Options
    morning all from sunny east surrey missed out on yesterdays glitches do you think the mccoys and jacobs will work today (cant seem to log into msm thanks
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone. It soooo cold out there today again, hope no one gets any snow.
    Nellie35 wrote: »
    Glad you enjoyed your holiday sarah, lovely pics. I would say that the bird is a Brown Pelican
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_pelican

thankyou we did it was fab. The bird was huge !!!
    altojack wrote: »
    It's an ugly Brown Pelican. DS3 saw them in Mexico when he was there 4 years ago. I'm sure he told us at the time that you see them in California too.

Ugly birds, I'd run a mile if I saw one heading my way, and pee my pants in the process :eek: :o

I didnt think it was that ugly, but it was bloomin huge!!!!!!!!

Di, hope all goes well at the scan today, it seems more real when you see the baby on the screen.

3 dogs, sorry to hear about your fall, take care and rest.
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    bcw123 wrote: »
    morning all from sunny east surrey missed out on yesterdays glitches do you think the mccoys and jacobs will work today (cant seem to log into msm thanks

No, offers were ending yesterday
  • Classy_Chick06
    Options
    Morning all, 're the mullers, if I buy 12 assorted (that Sainsbury sell) are they going to compare 68p - 50p each one after only paying £3 in store? My sister has recently joined SW , she didn't bother with the last glitch but would like to stock up now, can someone please do the suns for this one. Thanks.x
    It`s nice to be important, but its more important to be nice.
    The world is full of people throwing stones at us. Its what you do with them that counts. Build a wall or build a bridge.
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    edited 8 November 2016 at 10:27AM
    Options
    Good morning all...

I had the most wonderful sleep in my own bed....I'm still tired but I do feel rested...I'm under strict instruction to rest so I wont be doing much today.

I have to say I'm just a little bit sad that I'm not in Florida watching the election pan out but the BBC News channel has some good coverage I think....just without the wonderful Anderson Cooper who is Mr America for me!

I've been so touched by everyones well wishes...thank you x

I have nothing but praise for how I was handled once I saw my GP at home last week....but getting to that point was incredibly frustrating...I have a follow up appointment next week and I think I will voice my experience of obtaining an appointment there.
    I'm not out to be vindictive towards GP receptionists and I know that it can be a very pressurised job with little thanks but certainly in the case of my surgery they need to look at moving away from a generic script and treating patients as a person rather than an NHS number.

Snap...I'm not good at relationship advice but I do know that wrapping up an old family home is so hard emotionally...you both need to treat eachother kindly at the moment and let the dust settle before deciding on any long term plans...then and only then should you be letting him go.sometimes it's worth saving and sometimes its the time to make the break...you will decide whats best for you both I know xx

Wrap up warm anyone who is going out today and stay safe.
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport