Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just going to take coat off and make a coffee now :rotfl: :rotfl:
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • rose28454
    rose28454 Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    zippydooda wrote: »
    New pampers sensitive baby wipes. Get in Waitrose on offer at 3 for 2 and my picks and 60p cb on gj so if you get 3 it's 26p each. 16p each of you got 10% card

Been getting these but what is gj?
  • sarahskint
    sarahskint Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Options
    i'm just putting my coat on lol off to grab crisps. As my little store doesn't do the fruit I have a c+c later on for that - with added onken and cracker crisps :) Plan is to use the e voucher for Christmas essentials/cake stuff as have a free delivery voucher for this month and it will be heavy!
  • altojack
    Options
    omg, my dh has just walked in/ OK no problem there is there? I dropped him off in town and he has only been to Mr A and bought 6 bags of assorted Whitworths :eek: I hadn't checked what would work against Mr T yet.

This had better work out for his safety today. He has bought Prunes, Dates, Sultanas, Raisins, Apricots and Little Jewel Cranberries.

Watch this space :eek: :o

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

• mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Sainsburys Chelmsford have reduced even further all their halloween items blood etc down to 10p wigs 60p
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    altojack wrote: »
    omg, my dh has just walked in/ OK no problem there is there? I dropped him off in town and he has only been to Mr A and bought 6 bags of assorted Whitworths :eek: I hadn't checked what would work against Mr T yet.

This had better work out for his safety today. He has bought Prunes, Dates, Sultanas, Raisins, Apricots and Little Jewel Cranberries.

Watch this space :eek: :o
    Thanks don't think cranberries or pruses work you need to look at msm
    I wrote a list but at work and it's in the car, thanks for posting x
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • altojack
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Thanks don't think cranberries or pruses work you need to look at msm
    I wrote a list but at work and it's in the car, thanks for posting x

You're welcome.

I had no list, hadn't yet looked at msm, he just thought he would jump ahead before me. It won't be all bad though as they are all things I'd buy and eat anyway. It just annoys me that he did it before a check was done :eek:

• emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    rose28454 wrote: »
    Been getting these but what is gj?
    X

It's Green Jinn a money back app for certain foods from Sainsbury s or Waitrose :)
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning all....

I'm still playing catch up on the thread and am somewhere over the weekend at the moment....but I have read enough to see that our lovely tweets has not had the best few days...so I am sending her a special virtual hug of the highest quality. xx

I missed all the fireworks on Saturday and indeed last night too.

I am waiting to be discharged at some point today so am looking forward to going home.
    ...but I have been incensed whilst watching tv this morning over what appears to be some suited government official asking people not to go to the doctors unless its urgent!!!!!

Until this weekend and the tail end of last week I personally have not been treated in hospital for 15 years,although our family have used it as inpatients on many occasions all gratefully received .....but potentially had I been given a doctors appointment at the beginning of last week and a consultation as I requested I may not have then needed to be an in patient and "bed blocked" I think the term was used by the same suited official.
    I understand that there are many people who do abuse the system and contact their GP for everything rather than at first contacting a pharmacist etc etc....but in my case I knew that what was developing within my lungs and breathing was a little more than the effects of a standard cold.....I'm not the type of person who runs to the doctors at the slightest ache...surely their computer history would have backed that up rather than me just being given a standard response of wait a few more weeks and continue with your inhaler as directed.(I got that twice from the GP surgery)...and I was only given a home visit on Thursday reluctantly following a very stern and concerned phonecall from my OH to the GP.
    I'm going home today with a bag of medication and know I'm not to over do things I also know I'm not better but improving.

So I guess I urge anyone who feels that they have more than a cold to see the GP whatever the official line is...your health is far more precious than any government statistic
    The GP receptionist was insistent I had a bad cold that would clear naturally...I've had bronco pneumonia from which I will now continue my recovery at home,

now off my soap box ....and as you have all gathered with a lot more spirit than I've had over the past few weeks..

Sarah ...welcome home after your lovely holiday...I have been to that bit of Mexico and we did all the zipwiring too a good few years back..if you had half the fun we did I know you have some wonderful memories.

...now onto more pressing questions that I have yet to read an answer for the QoC is now a ditzy D....I'm sure there's a story...but it might be hard for me to forget the queen!

Hope everyone is well as we face the new week....I cant wait to get home to watch the presidential elections and my own bed.
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • emmad5689
    emmad5689 Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Options
    sarahskint wrote: »
    i'm just putting my coat on lol off to grab crisps. As my little store doesn't do the fruit I have a c+c later on for that - with added onken and cracker crisps :) Plan is to use the e voucher for Christmas essentials/cake stuff as have a free delivery voucher for this month and it will be heavy!

Would the crisps work on a c+c, I get confused by it but would be much easier if it would xx
    To get to Disneyland Florida 2016
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport