Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    On a better note, I received an email from mse to say the cash back from the collective switch should be paid within a week, I had forgotten about that, was just relieved to be on a cheaper tarrif.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    The apple and blackcurrant nas compares to T at 2 for £2 as I buy 2 every week.

I've not been around lately as I haven't had two brass pennies to rub together. Some of you might remember my plight from late spring/early summer and it didn't end well although I just about managed to keep a roof over our head. Now I have a full time job after being a student for many years and things may be looking up. Stepchange have put us on a token payment plan and I have a bit of breathing space financially.
    So I must return to the fold that is the elite and make the pennies I do have work for us.

The only way is up xx
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • sarahskint
    sarahskint Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Options
    same redrose, last week this week of the hubby being part time at work - 18 weeks off due to that dvt/pulmonary stuff - if it wasn't for this board we would not have survived. I make a lot of cakes and Florentines in the next few weeks and give them all away to friends and family and all the neighbours. I'm very grateful to this board its allowed me to keep my dignity x
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    Thank you :)

Thank you :)

Mum is having another scan today and I will be visiting after work :)
    Morning Tweets :wave: Hope all goes well with your mums scan. Taking my mum for a dexa scan today but just routine appointment, she's not had a fall luckily. Mums eh! Such a worry at times :eek:
  • redrose1414
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Sorry things are tough for you but at least now you are getting the help you need , good luck with your job x
    If there is anything we caan do to help , shout xx

Thank you ☺️
    The only way is up xx

I hope you are right. I love, love, love Christmas so regardless of my circumstances I will always smile when I see tinsel and hear Christmas songs.
    sarahskint wrote: »
    same redrose, last week this week of the hubby being part time at work - 18 weeks off due to that dvt/pulmonary stuff - if it wasn't for this board we would not have survived. I make a lot of cakes and Florentines in the next few weeks and give them all away to friends and family and all the neighbours. I'm very grateful to this board its allowed me to keep my dignity x

Glad things are going the right way for you as well. I'm going to try the fruit glitch later as I'm doing homemade gifts such as Christmas cakes and florentines for my family. I'm sure they will be better received than something bought from a shop.
    RISEABOVEHATE
    NeverGiveUp
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Right work calling, see you all later, fingers crossed for results :D only 50 odd mins to wait
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • redrose1414
    Options
    I have written a little list that is v T.
    I will go out within the next hour to shop, results posted asap.
    I have:-
    Apple and blackcurrant 1.5lt in 2s
    WW fruit in 6s, ground almonds 150g, little jewel cranb 150g, zante mini currants 350g, juice locked raisins 325g, Chilean flame raisins 350g
    J crack crisps in 2s, smoky BBQ, sour cream, s&TV, Thai sweet chilli
    Cook from frozen fish in 2s, salmon fillets 400g, haddock fillets 400g, Basa fillets 600g

No need for fillers if my med A has all on the list.
    I did work out cost per item as I went along but didn't write them down, sorry!
    RISEABOVEHATE
    NeverGiveUp
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 7 November 2016 at 11:56AM
    Options
    pampers sensitive baby wipes. Get in Waitrose on offer at 3 for 2 and my picks and 60p cb on gj so if you get 3 it's 26p each. 16p each of you got 10% card
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Shop worked will have to wait for aj to post
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Shop results from bubbs A v T

£4.28 back

12 items (10 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda tesco
    2x Whitworths Juicy Currants (350G) £3.20 £2.00
    0.16x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (PER KG) £0.11 £0.10
    0.13x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (PER KG) £0.10 £0.09
    1x Giant Strawberry Stripes (1PK) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1PK) £0.10 £0.10
    0.07x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (PER KG) £0.04 £0.04
    1x Whitworths Juicy Snack Raisins (325G) £1.60 £1.00
    2x Whitworths Juicy Sultanas (325G) £3.20 £2.00
    1x Whitworths Soft Dates (300G) £1.60 £1.00
    1x Barratt Flumps (12G) £0.10 £0.10
    Comparison total (compared products only) £10.15 £6.53
    +£3.62 cheaper

Sorry I.m later than planned xx
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure