Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 11 August 2016 at 1:00AM
    Options
    I maybe ought to mention Birds Eye Extra Large Breaded/Battered Fish (2 per pack - 230g) are back at £1 in M again. They are maybe the highlight. I know:( - it was a long day:rotfl:.

The Mazola Corn Oil (1L) is really £1.50. :(:(I would have expected it to have gone down, but it has not (or not from its 'price crunch' to £1.50 - was £1 in A at one stage years ago). It's disappeared from the shelves of most Ms I've seen - and I had to get this price from the SS machine - as no SEL for the stock in the store I saw. I have no idea why, as I have visited this store before and it was showing £1.50 SEL continuously before - I don't know now why no SEL when its price turns out to be unchanged.

There was some stock on an RTC shelf (another store, last week) at £1.20:( store-specific price - stock had been moved from the normal shelves, I have no idea why.

As I'm not seeing any SELs anywhere and stock generally seems to have been removed from the shelves in M, I wouldn't be bothering with it for APG against M and it has been available on 'cheaper than 10% cheaper' RTC price in M anyway, so it's not being suggested to be bought at more than £1.20 anymore. Really, it should be £1 or lower:rotfl:. Anyway, I'm fudging the matter now by deciding that it's not on good enough price for the list.

People may have noticed some 'cheap' John Frieda products have been removed from the list a few updates ago. There has been a general change in the shelving in Ms that I have seen, so I'm thinking these products won't be found anymore. They've had a revision to the way the shelves are displayed, and brought some new items in, in M and this has happened in several different Ms for me (...in fact, every one that I've been in over the last three weeks, which is :think:probably a total of 14 different stores) so I am thinking there is a general change in M here and that explains why the JF products that were on the list have been removed (quite apart from them all having vanished in all Ms I've been to:rotfl:). There is always a reason! So... if something in future disappears from my list and it seems strange, there will be a reason why that has happened.
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There's not really been that much change in M it now seems, just more items being picked up from stores. Hopefully I will get some time here at home to sort things out in the next few days. For now, I'm going: see you, goodnight!:wave:
  • underperky
    underperky Posts: 5,217 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning raining ...cold and wet here
  • diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    underperky wrote: »
    Good morning raining ...cold and wet here

Good morning , it's the same here too, torrential but it would be because I cleaned the windows at the weekend. It's the first time in the sixteen years we have lived here that I've done them myself and wow what a difference. I did all the frames, there were a few spiders which I wasn't keen in but apart from that they looked marvelous best £8 I've saved in a long time :rotfl: dh will have to do the two front bedroom windows so he might not feel the same way :rotfl:
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Good morning all

48534fe36152d47a99b578af4cc68ace.jpg
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning, and another wet one here.

Couple of things not updated as yet this morning but nothing to rush out of the door for as no great comparisons.

Heinz Weightwatchers Meals £1.29 each or 3 for £3.00.

https://groceries.asda.com/promotion/2-for-pound350/ls87543

Most compare to Tesco’s 3 for £3.00 offer (check varieties). £3.87 v £3.00.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Shopping/FindProducts.aspx?Query=heinz%20weightwatchers%20meals

And Homepride Sauces, jars £1.58/cans £1.40 each on 2 for £2.50.

https://groceries.asda.com/promotion/2-for-pound350/ls87544

Unfortunately can only see the Chilli flavour that would give small APG against Waitrose offer of 2 for £2.50. £3.18 v £2.50.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Shopping/FindProducts.aspx?Query=homepride%20sauces

The two can varieies would give back less against Sainsbobs at £2.80 to £2.50 :(

Looks like glitches to match the weather ... dismal :(
  • streetlights
    streetlights Posts: 3,577 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning everybody, I hope you are well and have a fabulous Thursday.
    Happy shopping.
    qoc I am sorry to hear about your mum.
    Mortgage debt 45,000. Thank you all for your help so far in helping me save to buy the house. I could not have done this without all your help.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :wave:
    Raining here too :(
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    It was the small As where I found them bubbs x
    Will look, thanks
    How exciting is the gymnastics?? Loving it!

Saw dip today at work (she didn't see me!).
    Hello
    Yes was good wasnt it :D
    Sorry i had gone bed, im terrible like that one minute posting next think must go bed and dont even say night:o:rotfl:
    Hope she was working hard:p
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • elainemn
    elainemn Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Back home after a few days away with work so trying to catch up. Not quite Carling again today but happy to say I won a £5 off yesterday, first one for a long time.
    Was hoping to get the washing done today as working from home, but no luck as pouring down. Off to make another coffee then catch up and lit writing time. Hope you all have a good day. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure