Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• Nannylala
    Nannylala Posts: 6,791 Forumite
    Options
    QOC so sorry to hear about your D Mum ..:Ahope everything goes well ..x

tweets poppy looks so cute in her little indoor kennel..:)

Off to bed now so nighty night lovelies..
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    Hope it works for you.
    Sorry, got a bit sidetracked by the Olympics :D All working fine now, many thanks for your help :beer:
  • louj101
    louj101 Posts: 1,704 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    other things I seen today was kids videos in b&m for £1 :T:T
    and there was also some art stuff in b&m some down to 50p.....pk of 50 flit pens for 50p :T

:(broke my back doing glitching :eek:
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    louj101 wrote: »
    evening :j

I'm trying to pop in and out just to see what offers you all are going :T:T

I'm back doing slimming world and so is all the family but I'm finding it really expensive :( the amount of fresh fruit and veg we are getting through is just mad :eek::eek:

is there any good offers on fresh fruit, salad, veg and meat :A

not sure if anyone have posted but today at £1 land (broadwalk, Bristol) I got 2 summer dress and a skirt, this are really nice :)

if anyone wants to see pictures I can post them for you :T
    ........also they had kids beach wear sets top and shorts which was nice too :)
    If you're near an A's , fruit and veg is often reduced around 8pm. Is pot luck though. Often get bags of salad for 10p , and seems to last a few days after sell by date. Especially if u open the bag and put a paper kitchen towel in the bag to soak up excess water. hth :)
  • louj101
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    If you're near an A's , fruit and veg is often reduced around 8pm. Is pot luck though. Often get bags of salad for 10p , and seems to last a few days after sell by date. Especially if u open the bag and put a paper kitchen towel in the bag to soak up excess water. hth :)

that's great :T thank you gocat :A and I also like the idea of the paper towel :T

do you know the best time Mr Ts reduce their stuff please :A

• Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 11 August 2016 at 11:18AM
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    EC1902D1-087F-47F3-9705-FD6B1AA08B63.jpg

Thank you for all the bits from Sains. - if only any of my stores ever had shelving like that - I suspect I'll have to stop off at some different S when I go back to some far-off M:rotfl:.

The appearance of RF tonight has reminded me - remember when this thread started and was originally entitled "glitch and chat"? I thought, soon afterwards, that that ought to be changed to "shopping and chat" and then later came back and saw it had been changed - so, obviously, great minds thinking alike at the same time:rotfl:.
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    M Potted Carnation BC 2 328966 601009 £1.00 I think most stock is now £2 (on different BC):(. However, store specific reductions may be available.

I'm so glad I didn't remove this item:rotfl:. However I might change the note a little - last time I found one that had been the £2 BC on a reduced sticker at £1. I suppose technically it was now the reduced sticker BC rather than the £2 BC anymore, but... anyway:rotfl:. As some of you may know, since I've mentioned or at least alluded to it before, I start off with the plants at M as they are outside of the stores. This time, I had a moment of excitement:D as I found a Potted Carnation with the £1 BC:j. I'd been dithering over the Potted Carnation item by Monday this week, as it had now been so long since I'd seen any £1 stock. However, at least one unit of stock was out there as of today. I think it is simply unbought stock from the time, probably two or three months ago now, when this went onto £1 half price. Or, rather, it still is on that price - if you manage to find a unit of stock that is still around from then. What they do is they simply bring stock in on the different BC and it remains there until it gets sold. On this, they'd obviously had a £1 stock item, probably at the back of the stock, and customers have probably been buying the £2 stock in front of it and then the staff have replaced that with more £2 stock but this one has got left there behind. So, that situation may happen. It's taken me a while to see some £1 stock again though - I don't think the Potted Carnation is generally 'going back down' to £1 again as much of the stock I am seeing at lots of places is all £2.

The start of the price collection was not how it continued however. M have been making some changes to prices in the last two days and I think more changes than I expect for a Wednesday:rotfl:.

Later on I started to think my main store had been a bad 'un to pick this time. It seems that several items have disappeared without trace from it - they had me carrying over frozen broccoli in order to have to recheck its price from another store. I shall not be using my main store on Monday:rotfl::p:rotfl::rotfl:! I think I'll be using a completely different set of stores:rotfl:. To be fair though, I was already 90% going to use different stores at the start of next week in order to try to widen my search for some items I've lost and also to see some items I don't get in my local stores as I could do with seeing them again. I also get bored of using the same store each time and having the same items to carry over, time and time again, each time. Though frozen broccoli and Good Hemp long life milk are new ones on me for being absent from my main store:rotfl:. I nearly lost the Good Hemp today entirely:eek::rotfl: - but managed to pick it up from one store:D.

I'm struggling on the fresh Cooked Beetroot.

Morrisons Natural Cooked Beetroot (300g)

Store_8.15px.png
    [Strike]83p[/Strike] 47p £1.57 / Kg Valid until 11/09/2016

• Store_1.15px.png
      55p
    • Store_3.15px.png
      80p
    • Store_2.15px.png
      83p
    • Store_7.15px.png
      ---
    It should be on 47p - and until September as I had in just one store on Monday (I only used three and only looked for the item in two though so that didn't seem so bad). However today - I've ended up with six stores in order to try to get a wider perspective - I have five 83ps and one 79p:rotfl:. If this is anything general, then I don't think the A product is going to pick up 47p - even assuming the M product is still 47p today. Given the continual higher prices, I now have my doubt about whether it even is 47p today:rotfl:. It could be 47p until September as it was supposed to be - or it could be that price has been pulled early and it could be the reason I'm seeing 83p is because it now actually is 83p - so there's no actual struggle if that really is the correct price:rotfl:. I'm continuing 47p on my list, but I'll add a note to it as, based on my experience, it doesn't seem it will work. They also had 83p SEL underneath the offer label in the one store I had on Monday, and that is potentially going to pose a problem too I think. I think the general consensus, wrongly, is that it is 83p.

I'm also 'struggling' with the 700g Strawberries as can't find stock - and no trace at all in the smaller stores I've used anyway - but I've still got them at £2.46 SEL price. So, fwiw, it looks to me likely to be getting that price again.

I have, I think, identified an issue on the 3 pack Peppers. People will already know that these are coming back N/A for M on the APG. I note that the peppers in M now have SELs that say "Salad Peppers" and that the packs themselves have "Salad Peppers" printed on them. There are, fwiw, some 5 pack peppers in M - the SELs call those "Mixed Peppers", although the products themselves say "Salad Peppers". I think this is an issue with the description on the SEL (for the 3 pack version) and the collectors think that the product is now "Salad" peppers in M which is therefore not being compared from Mixed peppers at A. It's a bit like the 750g Salad Tomatoes packs I think. I have yet to see the Salad Tomatoes 750g from A comparing against M and I have seen them not comparing a number of times. In M, although they are Salad Tomatoes, the SELs say "Bumper Tomatoes 750g" and I think that may be the issue as to why those are not/have not been comparing.

Regarding the Ambre Solitaire sun lotion product that Sal found comparing against M at £2 last week, I noticed that this one was completely absent from my first store today. I therefore thought that this looks good and it's gone onto RTC. I found it in another store though and the SEL says £5 and 2 for £9 and one is scanning at the till at £5. So, as far as I know, it is £5 and 2 for £9 as per online. It could be that it was on RTC £2 last week but the RTC has been withdrawn. This can sometimes happen. Or it could be that the product has been put onto £2 RTC in one of the APG stores and it depends whether they still have the £2 SEL there. Even if the product is £5, they could pick up £2 again if they have an incorrect SEL. Just depends whether it is still there/whether the product has sold out (as a result of the good price maybe:() and the SEL been removed. I don't think this was an error by the APG collectors - I think they genuinely had a £2 SEL (or SELs) from somewhere on this product last Wednesday. They could still have that - however things in M change every day: and my stores certainly are different to last week. My other stores today are very dodgy anyway - in other words none of them had much sun cream at all as I visited a few smaller stores today:rotfl:. However, of course, I picked up items that don't exist in my biggest store. (I also had one item, in a smaller store of all places, that was in the big store far away where I got it last week but wasn't in my big store at all today - yet this smaller store manages to have what I otherwise only had in the big store miles away:rotfl:.)

I never saw the Sun Cream on £2 RTC - I must have visited the 'wrong' set of stores and therefore it was never presented to me so I didn't pick it up at all. I think I should have noticed if there was one sun cream on the shelf that was £2 whilst all the rest were £5 and mbuy price. Again, today, though, my main store just had higher prices on the shelf. The £2 RTC SEL (which I'm assuming it was) wasn't in any of the stores I visited last week, or that's what I always say anyway:rotfl:. Today, the product is full price in the store where I've got it.

Elsewhere, I'm still not confident that I have all of the 100g Heinz baby pouches and I think I could be missing some of them - has anyone got any others in their M?
    Savvybuyer wrote: »

Heinz Vegtable I]sic[/I & Chicken Casserole Puree 4mth+ (100g)94p/Any 6 for £4.00 50p ...

Heinz Apple & Mango Puree 4mth+ (100g)94p/Any 6 for £4.00 50p
    Heinz Mango, Banana & Lime Puree 4mth+ (100g)94p/Any 6 for £4.00 50p
    Heinz Strawberry, Raspberry & Banana Puree 4mth+ (100g)94p/Any 6 for £4.00 50p
    Heinz Apple, Pear & Banana Puree 4mth+ (100g)94p/Any 6 for £4.00 50p
    Heinz Peach, Mango & Banana Puree 4mth+ (100g)94p/Any 6 for £4.00 50p
    Heinz Apple & Strawberry Puree 4mth+ (100g)94p/Any 6 for £4.00 50p
    Heinz Hearty Veggies with Turkey Puree 4mth+ (100g)94p/Any 6 for £4.00 50p
    Heinz Blueberry & Banana Puree 4mth+ (100g)94p/Any 6 for £4.00 50p

I have more on my list than msm. However, I've taken one version, Blueberry/Banana, from msm as I have yet to see a store that has it. This means nowt though - as the collectors could just go to a store and it be immediately there. I was hoping to see some more pouches in the stores I've used today - however it just seemed to be going the other way with me getting fewer and fewer at each store I went to. The final store I ended up with had just two of them in total:(:mad::rotfl:. Dire!:rotfl::rotfl: I think I haven't got any more today - although I've written a couple down that I can't remember whether I already have them or not - I think I've probably already got them but will find out later when I see them on the page.

I think the Cow & Gate steamed meals have gone up in price - from £1 to £1.44 - and they've also put the Heinz BBQ Woodsmoke products back up. I shall be keeping, or reinstating, Ambrosia Devon Dream on my list though, even though it's showing 87p online, as every store I am seeing is showing 50p SEL. I do not know whether it is 50p or 87p - but, even if it's 87p, if all stores generally have 50p showing, then that's the price likely to be obtained. It could be my stores - I have four stores showing £3.50 for a Supermocio Mop today (I think we missed out on that!) and just one at £6.50 but, as far as I know, at the till in a "£3.50" store later on, it is £6.50:eek:! So, even with four at £3.50 on the SEL - the other store was no trace - those stores could all be wrong. (I first came across the mop on Monday, when it was in the aisles of another different store (not visited today), with £3.50 label but showing as Valid until 7th August, but it seemed that I had just missed it as it had not been promoted that way before. I was in doubt about it when I saw another store later with £3.50 label but thought it probably was incorrect and it has not got to the list. It therefore became a query item for today. With no fewer than four stores today showing that price (and you may still be able to get it - via CS if your store has that price showing), it prompted me finally to check it for 'definite' - and I'm told it is £6.50 at the till. So, it does seem that offer, which I never knew about, has ended and the product won't make it to the list.)

Anyway, back to the Devon Dream:rotfl:, I note online also showing 60p on the Evaporated Milk in the same general area - and as far as I know Evaporated Milk has been showing 60p throughout - but I have had this in stores with 50p valid until October. Albeit that several of my local stores have yet to show the 50p, causing me some doubt today, I do have several still showing the offer until October (and another one which is doubting me by its incompleteness, probably, and putting 50p on the low fat version only but having 60p on the full fat that should be comparable from A). In short, I still (just about:rotfl::rotfl:) think that the Evaporated Milk is 50p despite it showing 60p online - and the Devon Dream price online might therefore also have been incorrect throughout. I have about four stores today (plus two further ones on Monday) showing 50p on the Devon Dream (two no traces today) - the trouble is the labels do not have any expiry date. It could be all of them have not changed the SEL when they should have done. And maybe just buy Evaporated Milk in Aldi:rotfl:.

Still no luck on the JS Golden Ale:rotfl:. I've lost the Lockerbie Cheddar as well now. As far as I know, it was £7 per kg. when I last saw it and I don't imagine that that would have changed, if it is anywhere at all now (I'm sure it is:D:rotfl:) - but, for all I know, it could constantly be £5 per kg. at one or another store in the country and keep moving from store to store at that price, becoming higher price at stores which it departs at the £5 per kg. in order to enter others, at the same time, at £5 per kg. The French Brie has now gone back down to/is now available at £5 per kg. (although maybe that's just all the stores I've visited and maybe it's full price elsewhere:rotfl:). Wyke Mature Cheddar remains at £5 per kg. and £9.18 per kg. depending on which store you visit (they may want us to pay full price on at least something in every store):rotfl:.

So, I have lost a handful of items (including Lockerbie Cheddar:() but I have found a handful of items as well (including one on which I've now revised my view about its non-existence in M:rotfl:). I now also have Simply Desserts Strawberry Trifle (450g) at £1, although maybe it's been continuously £1 somewhere throughout the entire period when it has been absent from my list recently:rotfl:. (After I stopped seeing it in the stores I visited.)

Best of luck on the Whole Turkey Leg - all the stock I am now seeing is the version on the £4.72 price:(. Good luck finding the M American Fried Chicken cooked meat pack as it now seems it was only in the one store where I found it on Monday - I don't have it in any of the six stores I've used today:rotfl:.

The fresh Mediterranean Veg. packs (comparable from A's Herby Tomato) have, it seems(:laugh:), gone down to £1. I'm not confident that there is not some other stock on some other BC still around and available somewhere at £1.47. However, I have all stores with stock at £1, although beware as they are a few £1.47 seemingly now incorrect SEL prices around (I say seemingly incorrect as I had £1 SEL in one store last time but scanned the product and it was £1.47, so had gone up - or else was the 'wrong' stock. The stock now though has crossed out £1.47 on the packs for me - and is in several stores - so it does seem that it is now £1, but maybe give time for those SELs to settle down back to £1 as may be risky at this early stage).

I've haven't seen the (frozen) Clear Seas Calamari Rings (600g) for some time now, so I don't know if they are still available to someone at £2 price. The Birds Eye Crispy Batter Fish Fingers are back onto £1 in M today, and this time I have no problem with the SELs.

And, finally, for now, there's a Just for Men Autostop product at £1.75 RTC in some M. I think it keeps moving around - I think this is an RTC that I spotted at a different store over a year ago - obviously it's been completely absent for me for a long time - but just keeps reappearing, randomly, in stores from time to time. Taken as a whole though, I bet it's in one store or another out of 500 at all times throughout the whole period since I lost it. It will now either be in your store or most probably not. But it was certainly in someone's store today. It will go onto the list (and I should never ever remove it ever again:rotfl:).
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ♥ QoC ♥ Bestest ♥

CBB :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    louj101 wrote: »
    that's great :T thank you gocat :A and I also like the idea of the paper towel :T

do you know the best time Mr Ts reduce their stuff please :A

No don't really shop in T's much. Sometimes have luck with M's in the evening .
    Think TM is the whoopsie queen here. She might be able to advise on T's
  • louj101
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    No don't really shop in T's much. Sometimes have luck with M's in the evening .
    Think TM is the whoopsie queen here. She might be able to advise on T's

ok thank you x:T

• Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 11 August 2016 at 12:38AM
    Options
    Oh look! - random one picked - Cow & Gate steamed meals apparently on offer until 11 September:rotfl::rotfl:. But they have changed the SELs back to full price in my stores. (Or maybe not yet showing the offer, whoever knows?:rotfl::rotfl:)

Cow & Gate Little Steamed Meals Creamy Vegetables & Cod 10mth+ (230g)

Store_8.15px.png
    [Strike]£1.44[/Strike] £1.00 43.5p / 100g Valid until 11/09/2016
    Store_2.15px.png
    £1.25

I was "struggling" now yesterday, but that's what I've got: full price! I do think there's something changed now there by Wednesday in my main store. They could have pulled this offer.

EDIT: No, still showing £1 on m.com as well. Perhaps keep an eye on there in case it changes back to full price:think:. Sorry, folks, if I have got it incorrect at full price, but I had my first store showing £1.44 on all of them and thought it had changed from showing the £1 offers throughout last time - and saw £1.44 in the next store and £1.44 in the next as well and, at that point, it was 'confirmed' enough for me that I thought it was now £1.44. In fact I can't recall seeing £1 on these meals in any store now:rotfl:. (I did have to go past there to see the Heinz pouches, such as they were.) But the Heinz Little Kidz meals 230g have definitely got £1 showing in my stores, so, they're same weight, and if you use them, then maybe those as an alternative. I shall be crossing the Cow & Gate meals off my list. Possibly in error:rotfl::rotfl: - it's good to be in error sometimes!:D:rotfl::(:rotfl:

I'm human - hooray!:j:rotfl::rotfl::beer::cool:

I say "struggling", but in quotation marks as no struggling at all: I got £1.44 each time, no problem:p:rotfl::rotfl:. And it was all totally stress-free:T:cool::o:rotfl:.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure