Changed address now I can't get credit?

Options
Hi All,

Can anybody shed some light on this as it's driving me mad. I'm a forces wife so I've moved alot (4 addresses in the last 3 years... to give you some idea). Anyway, signed up to Clear Score and my score is "good" right now. Applied for finance on some sofas back in Dec 2015 - got it just fine. Same with my car finance. I registered on the electoral roll and got my card through. Then I moved house about a month ago. I've changed my address on everything apart from my drivers licence. So done my bank, credit card, car finance, sofa finance - all changed. I emailed and changed my address on electoral roll - still awaiting confirmation.

Today, I cancelled my mobile phone contract with EE. Went to O2, got declined. Very strange. Tried Tesco and Carphone Warehouse. All declined. Why?! My new Clearscore report is not available until tomorrow and I've tried registering with Experian but the need a couple of days to confirm my identity. Is all of this just because I've moved? Even though all the important places had the address changed?

Thanks!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Probably. Phone contracts are a popular fraud target.

Get a PAYG for now and give it a couple of months.
  • lufc7
    lufc7 Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    Remember all the companies you have updated your details with wont necessarily of updated their CRA files on you (So when a credit check is run the details wont tally). Once they have updated you will find life easier to get credit again. I know the issues you face because we are also a forces family and have moved often (4 times in the last 3yrs) and my most recent posting 2months after I had moved and had updated all financial companies addresses I was able to open bank accounts and get credit cards. Hope you enjoy you new move :)
    'If you ain't living life on the edge you are taking up too much room'
    'Everyone dies but not everyone lives'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family